Another question about auto seeds

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys I wanted to ask if you have pollen from a female strain and the strain is not auto can I use this pollen to pollinate an autos train?
If so will the seeds be auto or just fem seeds

Unless the photoperiodic plant carries the auto-flowering gene (it's recessive), you'll end up with a bunch of seeds that'll be photoperiodic, but will carry the AF gene. Further backcrossing can get you a mix of auto-flowering and photoperiodic seeds (plants).

If it does carry it, you'll have a mix of both types and be one generation ahead on your backcrossing.

I guess you'd be ahead to start with a male auto-flowering plant. Pollen stores well if kept DRY, cool, and in the dark.

Thanks man i just needed to ask so it would be best to pollen with the same auto plant or just get an auto male of same strain pollinate the auto female. reason asking is with the tiera mist or what ever its called if i use that on the auto female convert it to female pollen then pollinate the females will they still be auto female seeds??

My choice would be to use two separate parent plants. But people do "selfing" all the time. Just cuts the gene pool in half, which is not ideal, IMHO.

I'm pretty sure to get auto seeds from an auto you would need to create Fem seeds with like colital silver or self pollinate

I've never seen or heard of a male auto, but I'm sure there are some

I know there is a chance of an auto when pollinate from a photo strain but don't think the odds favor it

I've never seen or heard of a male auto

Lol. You must be a bit younger than me. Used to be every cannabis seed sold was "regular." Then Greenhouse or whoever it was figured out they could sell a lot more with less work if they started selling (all) feminized seeds, and then the profiteering SOBs that make up 85%+ of the industry said, "HEY, what a great strategy" - and jumped on that bandwagon, too.

Autos... Less common, but still around. I typed
Code:
regular auto-flower seeds
into a web-search box and got LOTS of results.

Sensi Seeds still sells a couple strains. Seedsman has some, as does Dope Seeds, and I think The Vault does, too. Possibly even more of our (seed vendor) sponsors do, too, but that's all I saw from spot-checking a few. In the "non-sponsor" category (please check our sponsors first!), True North has a bunch (36 I think), Zamnesia has a couple, et cetera, etc., ad infinium, ad nauseum ;) .

:peace: and thanks guys I'm going to look into this I want to start collecting some seeds so I don't need to go buy all the time
I'm gooing after auto seeds to put away in my vault for future use. I'm getting fed up of always giving money away :(

Back
Top Bottom