Anxious about my first grow: Needing some guidance

Smeyef

I'm hoping to make this a comprehensive guide for those living down under and are first time growers.

I'm currently waiting for my seeds arrive and want to have the necessary products and set up ready to start my grow.

First off I would like to thank any help given. I'm growing some autoflower pineapple express, berry ryder and godberry one at a time and hopefully getting better each plant.

Since Theyre auto flowers I read they won't grow too much larger than 1m indoors but I will be growing these outdoors.

1st question.
Size of pot.
I want to know the smallest pot that I can use that won't effect the final yield too much but keeping the plant as small as possible as its going to be done outdoors and I want it to be discreet.

2nd
Pot contents.
I read potting a mixture soil, coco coir and perlite is the go to.
That's all and we'll but let's dig deeper.
What exactly do I look for in the potting soil.
Am I looking for something without nutrients already in it; if so what nutrients do I need to mix in. If I'm getting soil with nutrients already in it what am I looking for.

Coco coir.
Would any do?I read it comes in blocks do I tear it up and mix it in with the soil.

Perlite is self explanatory it's pebble like and you mix it in.

If im using all 3 what ratio should I use.

3rd
With the potting mixture out of the way. Let's get to feeding
What nutrients do I feed my plants N-P-K
Magnesium calcium any information would be good.

Information can be found at
Nutrients for autoflowering cannabis

Suggests N-P-K ratio of 10-5-5 or 20-10-10
For the growing phase

And for the flowering stage.
5-10-10 or 10-20 20 will be good enough but the best auto-flower nute solutions have a 5-15-1

But need help in additional nutrients I've read people adding magnesium and calcium So I'm wondering if I need these or not.

Here is something I read for the feeding schedule based on soil I will be using this as a reference depending on what soil I end up using.

Soil without added nutrients to soil.
1 week(seedling) – Ph adjusted water
2 week(start of vegetative) – 1/8 veg nutes
3 week(vegetative) – 1/4 veg nutes
4 week(pre-flowering) – 1/2 veg nutes
5 week(first flowers) – 1/4 bloom nutes or 1/8 bloom and 1/8 veg nutes mix
6 week(flowering) – 1/2 bloom nutes
7 week(flowering) – 1/2 bloom nutes
8 week(flowering) – Ph adjusted water
9 week(flowering & harvest) – Ph adjusted water till harvest

Soil with added nutrients
2 week(start of vegetative) – Ph adjusted water
3 week(vegetative) – Ph adjusted water
5 week(first flowers) – 1/8 bloom nutes + 1/8 veg nutes

If there's anything I missed in this process please do let me know thanks again for any help

Get some potting soil, I use organic better grow (nusery) but there's other and cheaper that'll do trick. Seasol seaweed concentrate, gogo juice and pot Ash (can get all from bunnings) will get you through (I use an organic bloom but Potash work fine)... I mix some de, garden lime and rock dust (mortar pestle all) and water in with a humas mix,unnecessary but what I do.. 10-12lt pot..Plant seed add water light fresh air, easy..

I'm hoping to make this a comprehensive guide for those living down under and are first time growers.

I'm currently waiting for my seeds arrive and want to have the necessary products and set up ready to start my grow.

First off I would like to thank any help given. I'm growing some autoflower pineapple express, berry ryder and godberry one at a time and hopefully getting better each plant.

Since Theyre auto flowers I read they won't grow too much larger than 1m indoors but I will be growing these outdoors.

1st question.
Size of pot.
I want to know the smallest pot that I can use that won't effect the final yield too much but keeping the plant as small as possible as its going to be done outdoors and I want it to be discreet.

2nd
Pot contents.
I read potting a mixture soil, coco coir and perlite is the go to.
That's all and we'll but let's dig deeper.
What exactly do I look for in the potting soil.
Am I looking for something without nutrients already in it; if so what nutrients do I need to mix in. If I'm getting soil with nutrients already in it what am I looking for.

Coco coir.
Would any do?I read it comes in blocks do I tear it up and mix it in with the soil.

Perlite is self explanatory it's pebble like and you mix it in.

If im using all 3 what ratio should I use.

3rd
With the potting mixture out of the way. Let's get to feeding
What nutrients do I feed my plants N-P-K
Magnesium calcium any information would be good.

Information can be found at
Nutrients for autoflowering cannabis

Suggests N-P-K ratio of 10-5-5 or 20-10-10
For the growing phase

And for the flowering stage.
5-10-10 or 10-20 20 will be good enough but the best auto-flower nute solutions have a 5-15-1

But need help in additional nutrients I've read people adding magnesium and calcium So I'm wondering if I need these or not.

Here is something I read for the feeding schedule based on soil I will be using this as a reference depending on what soil I end up using.

Soil without added nutrients to soil.
2 week(start of vegetative) – 1/8 veg nutes
3 week(vegetative) – 1/4 veg nutes
5 week(first flowers) – 1/4 bloom nutes or 1/8 bloom and 1/8 veg nutes mix

Soil with added nutrients
2 week(start of vegetative) – Ph adjusted water
3 week(vegetative) – Ph adjusted water
5 week(first flowers) – 1/8 bloom nutes + 1/8 veg nutes

If there's anything I missed in this process please do let me know thanks again for any help
did your seeds come through? what seedbank did you order from?

Back
Top Bottom