Any help appreciated. Day 28 flower. LED Grow with pics. Feeding schedule

Maccar

Gday all and thanks for having a squiz and hopefully giving me a hand. First my grow specs are as follows.

Cabinet 2' x 3' x 6'.
126w led + 2x48w cfl @ 3000k
6" Fan down the bottom moving air around.
6" Inline exaughst fan with odour sock.
Vented inlet down the bottom of the cabinet.
Cabinet temerature usually around 86 while lights on. Has been as high as 95 a couple of times.
Soil is just local potting mix from hardware store.
Pots not sure of their volume but they measure 8" Across top, 6" Across bottom and 8" tall.
Strain:??? Bagseed.
Nutrients: NuLife Bushmaster Growth (Veging) and NuLife Bushmaster Bloom (Flowering)

Anyway ive made a few mistakes along the way of my first grow and im sure im going to make more. My biggest mistake was not knowing anything about lst or topping and letting the plants veg for 4 weeks. Now 28 days into flower height is a issue. Anyway my plants have been happy and healthy up until now. 1 of the plants up around the main cola the small leaves coming out from around the cola are drooping downward looking generally sick. That plant is also just a touch behind in comparison to the other one. The main question i want to ask is about watering.
At the moment im watering the plants every second day with as much is required to have runoff out the bottom. Which is 0.198 Gallons (Sorry im converting from metric). This watering is at full strength nutes as according to the specs. Is this to much watering or not enough?????? Also should i be using nutes every time i do this????? All fairly basic questions but its amazing how many varied answers there are when you research this. Anyway i leached 2.11 gallons of water through my pots today to try and get rid of any excess salts as i figured it was a good place to start. There are a few leaves with different markings but nothing to scary i dont think. Im not sure if my plants are heat stressed or what but i just want to make sure im doing the right thing with my watering.
Any help appreciated thanks guys.

Pic1_Large_.JPG

Pic2_Large_.JPG

Pic3_Large_.JPG

Pic4_Large_.jpg

Pic5_Large_.jpg

Pic6_Large_.jpg

Re: Any help appreciated. Day 28 flower. LED Grow with pics. Feeding schedule????

when you water check your soil first stick your finger about an inch down into the soil if it feels dry then water. when i'm in flower I usually water every other day myself, I add nutes every other watering. your plants do look like they MIGHT have salt build up, from your pictures you might want to leach water through again then add nutes

Re: Any help appreciated. Day 28 flower. LED Grow with pics. Feeding schedule????

when you water check your soil first stick your finger about an inch down into the soil if it feels dry then water. when i'm in flower I usually water every other day myself, I add nutes every other watering. your plants do look like they MIGHT have salt build up, from your pictures you might want to leach water through again then add nutes

Thanks. Ill leach again tomorrow then start with my nutes again. When i do water every second day the soil is dry up the top. I was wondering if maybe my pots are a bit small and im starting to get root bound?? Would these pots normally be big enough?

they look big enough,I once grew a plant that needed water twice a day,it depends on the type of plant, temps, soil. rule of thumb is for every foot of plant you will need a gal. of soil. so for an indoor grow most use a 5 gal pot.

Here's a link to how to upload pics:

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I followed your link and your plants look over-watered because of the droopy leaves. The rust-colored spots on the leaves are probably some nute splash and I wouldn't worry about it.

Instead of watering them regularly every two days, it's good to get the plants on a wet-dry cycle, where you wait for the soil to dry out before watering. That's going to take longer than two days with how big your plants are and the size of the pots.

See if you can post some pics of the plant and pot size and it'll help with figuring out if you're also root-bound.

The best ways I've found to judge how dry the medium is, is to lift the pots and get a feel for how heavy they are wet and dry. That skill takes a bit of time to develop, so I would suggest getting one of the cheap (around $5-10) soil probe moisture meters.

I still use one of those occasionally when I want to confirm my "lift the pot" estimation.

They usually combine a light and PH meter into those probes also, but those functions aren't very accurate. The moisture sensing, however, is pretty good.

Here's a link to how to upload pics:

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I followed your link and your plants look over-watered because of the droopy leaves. The rust-colored spots on the leaves are probably some nute splash and I wouldn't worry about it.

Instead of watering them regularly every two days, it's good to get the plants on a wet-dry cycle, where you wait for the soil to dry out before watering. That's going to take longer than two days with how big your plants are and the size of the pots.

See if you can post some pics of the plant and pot size and it'll help with figuring out if you're also root-bound.

The best ways I've found to judge how dry the medium is, is to lift the pots and get a feel for how heavy they are wet and dry. That skill takes a bit of time to develop, so I would suggest getting one of the cheap (around $5-10) soil probe moisture meters.

I still use one of those occasionally when I want to confirm my "lift the pot" estimation.

They usually combine a light and PH meter into those probes also, but those functions aren't very accurate. The moisture sensing, however, is pretty good.

Thanks so much SS i had an idea that i might be overwatering. Ill back it off a little and see what happens. Ill get some more pics up asap.

Ive been trying to figure out how to calculate the volume of my pots but my maths is not so good. They measure 8" Top Diameter, 6" Bottom Diameter and 8" Deep. I think that puts them around 1.2gal in volume. Not 100% on that though.:grinjoint: The plants measure 37" and 40" in height. Im not overly stressed if i have got anything wrong here but im hoping to make some big improvements on my second grow so if anyone can see any issues with anything please your advise is always welcome. One thing i have learnt so far is that advice from the likes of SS and other amazing growers on here is priceless.

As it stands i think i will still yeild fairly well on these plants but my second grow the things i know i will be doing different so far are,
1 Only veg for 3 weeks in this cabinet not four
2 Use LST to control canopy height
3 Do my first journal on here ;)

OK, I didn't realize they were that tall, and it's possible those pots might be on the small side.

If you want to check for whether they're root-bound or not, wait until before you water when the soil is fairly dry, and just slip the plant and root ball carefully out of the pot as if you were going to transplant.

Take a look at the bottom and see if the roots are all bunched up down there or spinning around the circumference, which would both be signs of them needing a larger pot.

Thanks for your help SS and bucktoothal, Just as a follow up, i did the root check and they were both happy, i ended up just giving them a good flush and backing of a little on the watering. They responded well and ive ended up with some nice meds, thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom