Any UVB'ers out there?

I have SS 400's that have UVB built in and I've used it on two grows and the buds are very sticky
IMG_0888_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_087814.JPG
IMG_087518.JPG
IMG_088014.JPG

He say the range is 270 to 310? I'll have to look into that. The spect graph on my ushio hps 1k doesn't even go that low.

I'll hit petco tomorrow.. Better to fix a working system than sit back. Suprised to see central and northern cali are considered weak places to grow.

He say the range is 270 to 310? I'll have to look into that. The spect graph on my ushio hps 1k doesn't even go that low.

I'll hit petco tomorrow.. Better to fix a working system than sit back. Suprised to see central and northern cali are considered weak places to grow.
I haven't had a major issue with the exception of some PM.

UVB at high levels is harmful to DNA the theory is that at high levels it will promote a defense response within plants.

The theory with regards to MJ is that response is seen by way of increased trichomes.

I would be interested to know whether trichomes actually block/filter out UVB wavelengths so as to protect the plants internal structure whilst still allowing all the other wavelengths that facilitate plant growth to pass, kind of like what a glass window pane will do, I plan to test this somewhere down the road unless someone has the answer here or beats me to it lol.

At lower levels UVB will promote a whole host of functions and responses within plants some of which include the production of flavonoids, it can trigger the induction of phenolic compounds and the accumulation of carotenoids, these actions will relate to the taste and fragrance of the final product.

As others have stated when using UV either wear UV filter sunglasses or switch off completely as it will damage your eyes.

I run full spectrum lamps from Veg to Bloom and on my UVB meter I'm reading about 190 from the lamps. The UVB keeps my plants low and dense and the blue full spectrum keeps the plants healthy under the constant stress from the UVB. I'm very happy with the change in my ladies.

Thanks for all the really good info, still confused on how much time they need to be on and how far from the plants whey should be?

Thanks for all the really good info, still confused on how much time they need to be on and how far from the plants whey should be?
I have heard that the reptile lights only work when close like less than a foot. I leave mine on all through bloom on same 12/12 timer as main LEDs and move them around.

I have heard that the reptile lights only work when close like less than a foot. I leave mine on all through bloom on same 12/12 timer as main LEDs and move them around.

The 10% UVB CFLs that I use have a maximum range of 20". These are the highest output bulbs I could find at the time and anything less powerful had a significantly shorter range. I use mine during the last half of flowering.

Keep the UV lights on during the entire 12 hours and get them within a foot of the budz or you're just pissing the UV away. I've done this twice so far and haven't seen any burning of the leaves.

The 10% UVB CFLs that I use have a maximum range of 20". These are the highest output bulbs I could find at the time and anything less powerful had a significantly shorter range. I use mine during the last half of flowering.

What is the wattage of your CFLs?
and does anyone know what this spec means? Desert 50 UVB bulbs (50 microwatts per second/cm2)

Back
Top Bottom