Anybody write when they are high

Serpico

I dont know if someone has asked this question yet or not but here it goes anyway..... when your high do you all write poetry/raps/creative writing? I know when im high i can seem to come up with ideas easier and also things that i wouldnt normally of thought of. How bout you guys and gals?

Re: anybody write when there high

awesome.... dont you feel like you have a more creative outlook when you smoke?

I have tried writing while I was high and I wrote some poetry I liked it but I write better sober. When I am high I feel more in tune with my own thoughts so my poetry is more original, but not as good as my sober poetry.

Yeah when im high i always feel more inspired to write. but when i put the blank page in front of me i always draw blanks. i always have a great idea that vanishes when i see that blank sheet of paper.

I right when I am high, while I am typing this I am doing a wake n bake.
I do most of my work on this site high.

I do my best writing when high. Lol, my English teacher used to be a huge stoner back in the 60's so he never really cared if I came to class completely blazed. So I came in blazed on the day of the exam and wrote a paper on self-reflection, best paper I've ever written.

Wise Owl said:
Yeah when im high i always feel more inspired to write. but when i put the blank page in front of me i always draw blanks. i always have a great idea that vanishes when i see that blank sheet of paper.

Same here. I just can't seem to put my ideas into words.

"Every man's memory is his private literature."
- Aldous Huxley

Every paper I write, and I generally get a B or better, seldome worse. My drafts are terrible because I have poor spelling and punctuation skills but that just takes a little proof reading from a friend and that shit would be bad if I were sober.

I can't really READ when I'm high. I start wandering off on the page and end up skipping a couple lines here and there. Being stoned an literature don't mix well.. With me, at least.

Shirley, you jest. Of course. I don't think I ever failed to create a new system design, assemble a proposal, or write a technical brief without at least a bit of 420 influence. Not to mention the ramblings I've posted on these fine pages.

Ya i come up with some very creative and deep thoughts when im high. never been able to type on a comp though.

Iam so fucked, it's 12:42 am and I'm sitting here on the phone with my girlfriend desperatly wanting to just slam the phone down and just end this utterly boring and worthless conversations we would be having. Iam alone, everyone in my house is sleeping, my friends probably all are, and I know I'm so not ready to goto back to school (college) in exactly 7 more days. I just really needed to type something out, I'm still on the fucking phone spacing in and out watching my screen morph and me coming out of the high CRACKING THE FUCK UP at something my girlfriend said when she was being serious... It feels so damn weird too, hope this long ass high post reminds most of you guys that if you ain't got nothing to do with your next hour or so, to run and pack that shit! Pack that shit good and puff puff pass, you got it? Nice, people stay green. I'am too high, peace.

Re: anybody write when they're high?

Sorry.. sometimes I just get tired of the bad grammar.:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

It's the best time to come up with abstract musings, man. I think some of the greatest thoughts come to life while high.

I do it all the time,

been having to write essays for my comm class's (im in comm 3 now) and i find writing my papers easier when i am high, my teachers always wants the essays to be "why i think this way" papers ..plus its more enjoyable and i am more creative

when i took my art class my oil pastel drawings were wicked trees dancing in the sky...

I love writing... Stoned or not stoned... There isnt a whole lot better than writing a good story. Weird thing is that I hate reading. When I'm high though... Sometimes It's a bit more difficult to wrtie, but when I have an idea I can write some pretty trippy stuff. haha

For those who have great ideas when high but can't put the words together, do you take any notes for later? I write some but not as much as I'd like to. If I have it I smoke it. As for reading it depends on what I'm reading.

I find I can type better when high. lol

I create a lot of music when high, I'll get my guitars or basses out and start playing and recording, then figure out my ideas later again from the recording.

I often get ideas for stories when high but usually I just don't bother writing, I may try that soon though, at least write down ideas and then form them together when sober.

Back
Top Bottom