Apartment Closet Grow Smell

NYC WeedMan

I have a nice big walk in closet and was wondering about the measures I could use to cut down on the smell. I read carbon filers are good but you need to have an exaust fan, but i have no where to put one. There will be a regular fan in the room, could i put the filter behind it and have the same effect? There are also open container type gells that are supposed to absorb the smell. I know how to grow and all of that the right way, the only problem is if the smell would be bad. I hear Northern Lights #5 doesnt smell that bad. The closet door will be shut most of the time. Any advide for apartment growers? thanks :smokin:

Get an Ionizer, my room smelt fine and my buddy swears by them when he ad a number of plants. Cleanest smelling air ever, about 5 minutes and the whole room is oderless.

I use a Can 33 filter from Can- Filters and a 6 inch inline fan. You hang the filter near the roof,( to suck out the hot air and smell) connect the fan to it and use flex tubing to exhu=aust the air out of the room. The carbon leaves it smelling "ooh so fresh"

Brett2theMax said:
Get an Ionizer, my room smelt fine and my buddy swears by them when he ad a number of plants. Cleanest smelling air ever, about 5 minutes and the whole room is oderless.
Can you get me a link to a good ionizer? I did a search and there are so many. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Carbon filter and inline fan= around 300-350 bones. Pricey, but hey, its worth it to not put out suspicious smells. Plus its a great investment. And if you gonna use a HPS youl need and exhaust fan for the heat most likely anyway.

Will i need an exaust for like a 400w -600w hps? I'll probally get the 400w one

I bought a cheep Ionizer for 70 bucks at ABC. Just make sure you wipe the blades every day, even if they look clean, it makes a difference.

Ya, most likely, unless you want your grow room to get uo to like 90 degrees. It's a really smart investment man. Ask all the experienced growers on here. Great investment, almost a nesescity with any type of HID light.

You are going to need an exhuast fan regardless if you are using any sort of an HPS set up because of the heat. Unless you invest ALOT into your lights and get a water cooled shell for the bulb, and yes they are out there.

Back
Top Bottom