Aphids from hell, help

GooRoo420

420 Member
Going to harvest in a few weeks and I see aphids all over my girls. I was told Dawn dish soap will kill them but will it ruin my bud?? What can I do to save my weed?? I'm freaking out I worked to hard and put up to much money in fertilizer food water ect. to loose all of it cuz of a F#&@+#$ little bug. Please help....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:(

Dawn works,,, be sure to give your girls a good Bud Washing after. There's a thread on it. ;)

Blast them with water. Blasting them off can break off their mouthparts which are tubes they stick into your plant and suck out the goods. That’ll slow them down.
There’s lots of natural aphid predators produced in Canada in B.C. Aphidoletes is probably the best choice.
Soaps and oils end up stripping the natural wax off the plants which stresses the plants, and although you may get rid of the aphids, you might end up with a spider mite or other problem later.
If your feed is high in ammonium nitrate aphids and other sucking insects can explode. Quite possible a slight shift in the nutrients and blasting them off with water will buy you enough time until harvest.
Aphids aren’t usually an issue in this crop. It’s also takes a lot of aphids to really damage a plant so I bet you’ll be good.

Back
Top Bottom