Are you addicted, or is it WEED association?

stinkywolf

Let me set it up: I got in to my argument with my fiance yesterday about how much I smoke. (ring any bells?) She said I was addicted, or I wouldn't need to smoke everyday. I disagreed.

I have stumbled upon WEED association, and fully blame my love of Herb on the premise that, everytime I smoke, I enjoy what I do. Therefore, long story short, I don't smoke because I am addicted, I smoke because I associate "good times" with being high. Movies are better, video games are better, sex is better, etc. It isn't a physical need that drives the ganja into me, it's my desire to "re-live" past experiences that were enhanced by MJ.

Conclusion: Until I start doing things that aren't better while high, I am afraid this is just another case of WEED association that can only be cured with more green. Besides, I associate the colour GREEN with...well..you get the idea.

Any thoughts?

-Wolf:rollit:

It is not the classic 'addiction' which she is probably mentally conjuring, or as typically compared to alcohol or other hard chemical drug dependency. Sounds more like given the choice of have, or not have, you take have.

When you are out of herb during the interim, are you scratching the meat from your face, robbing your friends/family or chasing imaginary spiders around the walls or anything?

I'm with you Stinky, the cure is another spliff. At least your in Canada and don't also have to worry as much as us locked up in goofy land down here.

i fully get this. like when i run out of green i'll be like damn i wish i had some green right now but im not going to go ape shit over not having any, i just continue on with my life until the opportunity to get some more presents itself. its like runnin outa poptarts.

your not an addict bro, that bitch be trippin!

i drink tea every morning when i get up, when i get home from work, and before i go to bed, if im out of my fav tea bags, then oh well i dont drink tea till i can get to the specialty store. same with weed, if i got it, im gonna smoke that shit, and if i dont, oh well, wait till my next crop!

Wife and I are on a don't ask don't tell and don't come home stoned basis. After she hits the bed, I hit the garage for a couple of bowls. I wish I could take a few hits while we're sitting around watching movies on the weekend, but as a great Greek philosopher once said, that's not how she rolls.

Fully agree, Weed association kicks ass. It makes everything way more fun, and i would just like to add high Sailing to my list of favorite activites. Such a great time today.

Weed is addictive, sex is addictive, looking at yourself in the mirror is addictive, everything is addictive. Well guess what? Im sorry guys but there isnt a damn thing out there in this world that you cant get addicted to now'a days. People are addicted to food, to shopping, to the internet. But hey dont get me wrong....Dont EVER say Im addicted to weed. Its not an addiction, its a love.

It's wake up, smoke, go to work...just a little clarification.

I dont like the word addicted. Its used way to generally. It should be only used in the medical term where it means you use a substance so much your body becomes dependant upon it to function properly.

Noone has a physical dependency on marijuana, it's impossible.

Saying marijuana is addictive is like saying pillows are addictive. We all like them, theyre comfy. Our body doesnt depend on them though.

Same goes for most other things ppl say are addictive.

But excuse me I have a Pillows Anonymous meeting to attend...

I have had this debate with my girl numerous times. Since I am a heavy smoker, amoung heavy smokers, my girl who does smoke once a day, says I am obsessed with weed! She does not like it because I have a schedule, smoke - air cure jars, smoke - tend to plants, smoke - manicure ready buds, smoke - take pictures of buds, smoke - clean pipes and bongs, smoke - roll - smoke, smoke - browse 420Mag. etc. Plus you got to fit work, sleep, food and sex in. She says I put too much time into the cannabis culture. I associate bud with good times and peace so it is normal to make sure it is in order for when I need it. I have been addicted to something before and that life was not like this - cannabis is more of a way of life. Bud is the icing on the cake of life - not the cake itself. :rollit:

I dont like the word addicted. Its used way to generally. It should be only used in the medical term where it means you use a substance so much your body becomes dependant upon it to function properly.

Noone has a physical dependency on marijuana, it's impossible.

Saying marijuana is addictive is like saying pillows are addictive. We all like them, theyre comfy. Our body doesnt depend on them though.

Same goes for most other things ppl say are addictive.

But excuse me I have a Pillows Anonymous meeting to attend...

That was great !

LOL

Back
Top Bottom