Arizer Solo - My thoughts - Hints/tips

They cost like twice as much, I'll stick with my solo :)
I hear you about the price. I was very tempted to buy the solo because it's less than 1/2 the price.

However for daily users who are doing this for medical reasons you'll eventually look for ways to improve the amount and density of vapor. When that happens the problem with the Arizer Solo is that it's a lot of work to get a decent dose. At this point most people go to a volcano which is 30 to 40 percent more pricy than the Crafty.

Granted you can put a lot of pot in a volcano, turn up the temperature, and get clouds of vapor but it's inefficient for individual use. Due to the high volume of air the volcano generates it dilutes the vapor and takes a lot of inhaling to get high. If you want to get there fast, and with much less cannabis, then get a Crafty. The NO2 I have is similar to the Arizer solo and the HEBE in terms of flavor, draw, and efficiency.

I've used the No2 for a couple of years and also the HEBE for several months. Those two are about the same in quality of vapor and flavor with the HEBE being a little better due to a more accurate digital temperature control so it allows you to dial the taste in better too.

The HEBE is a white label of a more expensive vaporizer that sells for about the same as the Solo. HEBE sells for around 50 to 70 dollars and blows the Solo away for the money but also has the same heat and draw issues as the Solo but lower startup cost.

But I can get way tastier and denser vapor from the Crafty than the Solo, No2, or the HEBE. That extra 200 to 300 dollars you'll pay is easily mitigated by its efficiency.

The HEBE holds .4 grams firmly but not overly compressed. If I draw like crazy and use all my best tricks with the HEBE, the Solo, or the NO2 I still have trouble getting anything like the Crafty. Think about it. In one year of use that's about 60 cents a day extra over the course of the year.

I'm just doing a rough estimate here but I'd say the .60 cents a day is more than paid for the efficiency. The first time I fired up the crafty I only took about 4 or 5 hits but were they strong. The vapor was cool so there was little way of knowing how much vapor I was inhaling until it hit me.

Suddenly I'm so wasted that I needed to lie down a while. I was hit harder than expected. It's been a long time since that has happened. So instead of thinking "my solo is so much cheaper I'll stick with it" I'm thinking "nothing I have tried compares with the efficiency, taste, and capacity to put our your lights out than the crafty". It's output rivals some of the best high end vapes like the volcano but for less than a volcano.

Call yourself a connoisseur if you like but a connoisseur is someone who not only cultivates a taste for fine bud but also experiments and researches delivery methods as well. No? Like they say "don't knock it till you've tried it".

Smokingranpa: If you go straight to 7, you are wasting a great deal of your potential high-ness opportunities. I highly (pardon the pun) recommend you research this topic on FC.com. I start at 2 and usually do 2 rounds of that (yup, 24 minutes of clouds off 2). THEN I move it up one and repeat. I usually get 3-5 sessions off a full bowl, 2-3 off a half full bowl. Granted, the first few "hits" aren't billowing clouds, but damn do they taste good! And those hits're slowly decarbing that thc-a into delta9 thc as I move up my ladder, but you're almost boiling them all off at once. By starting at 7 you might as well fire up a joint -- you get all the cons and none of the pros!

It's a point of view, friend... Not that there's NO technique involved, but the Solo is a lot easier to use than say the MFLB - that one is ALL technique. But the solo requires an attitude shift, from high temp to low temp -- if you do not make that shift with it, then you run the risk of repeating your smoking habits, just using a different tool to do it. I'm not putting smokers down -- if you can still combust, after tasting the incredible flavor of vaped herb, more power to you. I can't do it anymore -- I can only vape now. Once I had really gotten a few good lungsful of vaped pot rather than combuste pot, I was sold, down to my toes. My whole body liked it more. So I'm a big proponent of the Vape V. Smoke school... Not trying to say you should be too, just saying there IS a shift in attitude between the two activities, and it's worthwhile to examine them both equally and then make your mind up (if your body doesn't make its mind up for you, like mine did).

I learned the vaping attitude/techniques from TDavie at fc.com. I knew from nuthin 2 yrs ago, got a Volcano and a Solo from a loving family member for xmas 12, and then found FC when I was trying to learn the diff between what I knew and what I wanted to know. Now I can manage my health a lot better. But I do it from the bottom rung of the ladder, not the top one...

And do not underestimate the power of ABV! The last cannabutter I made, I used 1/3 bud, 2/3 abv, but it was so strong I knocked my ass out with it! Had to mix it with 3 more sticks of butter to be able to stay awake after eating it -- I forgot I'd been using concentrates (little shatter, some wax, ya know...) so much, and the residue of the concentrates in with my ABV kicked my royal ass for 8 hours! That's all from the Solo, too. No Volcano abv in this batch, just Solo...

My husband just gave me an early Valentine's Day present of an Arizer Solo. The instructions that came with it were useless, at least in my opinion. I've never vaped before and I don't have weed; I only have hash. The guy in the head shop told my husband that when vaping hash, you have to heat it up all the way to get anything so that's what I did. I didn't put much in the bowl because I had heard that for vaping, you didn't need much. But honestly, I'm just guessing on whether I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing because I haven't found any simple instructions.

Back
Top Bottom