Auto Flowering

hawkster7

I have been growing some lowrider Mint plants,trying to get A Male so I can do some breeding on my own,havent had much luck getting A male ,germanated 6 seeds all were female have 6 more to try and get that male I need,does anyone have any ideas on how to get A male or A hermaphrodite to happen,I know stress works but what kind of stress,these seeds are Not cheap only have 6 left.Please someone HELP.hawkster7

Thank You,I tried lack of lite but that didn't work the plant just didn't gro and now all I have is A small female with about 1/4 Oz.I will try what you said on the next 6 seeds

Try an iron nail through the root/stem area. Put the lighting on lowish, but not to low to stunt growth, kind of like you would have in a jungle with dappled light. ANd set the lights for 14 light / 10 dark. Not enough to properly flower. And leave then for a long time. The longer you leave them, the greater chance of them turning hermie.

BUT, if you want to breed plants, don't use genetics that are going to possibly turn hermie, otherwise that trait will be passed on to the offspring.
Just wait for a male.

Back
Top Bottom