Male Plant But Hardly Any Pollen

OlderStoner

I have one male plant, confirmed. It has balls all over it and little white flowers. I have set two female off in the same room with him as I want some seeds this time. In the past when I've had males in my grows you could shake the plant and shower of pollen would fall off of it. This time when I shake the male, I can't see any pollen in the air at all. Yes, there is a little white flower that falls off from time to time but nothing like what I remember in the past. Please note, this male was produced from seeds that I got in these earlier grows where pollen was in abundance. I think I can rest assured that both females have been pollenated by this male, but only time will tell. I shake him several times a day over the females and even allow the plants to touch each other while shaking the male. In a few more days I will dispose of the male and move the females back outside to complete their grow. It's been raining so I want to give the pollen plenty of time to sink in and do it's job before letting them get rained on.

What strains are you putting together? Sounds like that male plant is doing what happens to us when we get old lol.

It took a while but this fellow finally started producing the shower of pollen I was expecting. Funny thing is it was dropping the little white flowers for the past two weeks. Then as I shook it over the female I noticed the cloud of pollen. Not like a male I used years ago but it was apparently enough. The female is strong and looking good with buds and I can see the little swollen sacks that are covering the seeds. Looks like I'll get plenty of good stock for the next generational grows.

Back
Top Bottom