Balcony

Vanillashake

Hello, my first post and first attempt at a grow. I live in Asia and it's still a little cold here, dropping to about 10c at night and hovering around 20c during the day. Sunlight is about 12 hours.

My question; I'm growing on a balcony enclosed by glass, so it sort of gives me a greenhouse atmosphere and I can slide open the windows. My seedling is about 9 to 10 days old now and is 3 inches tall. The first rounded leaves have started to pale slightly, and it's a little spindly. I'm worried that it's because I planted in a 7 inch pot with the only compost I could find. It seems to stay wet for too long. I have recently found some Miricle Grow soil and I really want to transplant it. Is it too early/too late? It looks healthy, I'm just worried about the soil.

One other thing, is it too tall or is it ok? Sunlight isn't great much of the time.

Thanks for any help.

image23235.jpg

She looks fine for her age. Seems too early for a transplant, and you definitely don't want it in miracle gro. Any other soul will be better in the long run. You could take the soil you have and add a bunch of perlite to it to help give it better aeration and drainage

Thanks. When I do transplant her, shall I transplant the whole pot of soil to a bigger pot, or just a smaller section around the roots?

You don't want to damage any roots, so loosen up the soil real well and let the dirt that's on rootball stay there. Then transplant gently into newer better medium. Just be very gentle, you don't want to stress the plant too much or give it transplant shock. It should normally take a week to recover and start normal growth again.

And don't use MG soil! It's bad for cannabis!

Back
Top Bottom