Basement Dwellers Kush Diesel Chunk Hydro Grow

The only time I ever sprayed foliage was an ineffective treatment for spidermites. I never 'mist' cuttings, nor growing plants. Water isn't good for leaves, and all have a waxy top-coat to protect them. Yes, plants tolerate rain but as a necessary evil. Feed & hydrate through the roots. Cuttings hydrate with only a bare stem in wet coir, if temp/humidity isn't extreme.
Healthy, vigorous growth doesn't come in a bottle. Steady fertigation and proper airflow are most of what lets your crop utilize whatever light you provide.

Hi all :) little update the beans have split and the tap roots are working they re way out :) :high-five: Mr Nicey Nice, so far so good

Well have some fall cleaning to do, in the empty flower box. My lighting is still in there. SO plan on bombing the shite out of those little buggers, who r planning to invade my newest strains. So what bombs work ? Can I use the ones sold in store ? I dont think i need dr doom or any of them, as the box is empty ? Wondering if i should go out and buy a proper exterminator sprayer and some effective killer. I was also planning to go through the box, with a rag and spray bottle filled with 80% bleach /20 water. I plan to wipe down every thing. Including the ballast covers off my 4' t8s and wipe each bulb and component down, I think this is how they got me this time :( Is this over kill ? i just dont want to battle with the mites, gnats any longer.

Hot Shot NoPestStrip, $8 @ HoDePo. "If it crawls or flies, it dies", overnight.

Wow these will kill mites on a plant ? I hung one in the box and i set off two bombs. I have 4 more bombs but i am gonna wait a wk a set off a second set and another wk i will set of the last 2. Hopefully with the temps hitting the 90s with the fans off the eggs will hatch and die off before i move back in. Before I set off the last set, i am gonna wipe every thing down with bleach. I am probably add a layer of mylar on top of the bubble wrap insulation too, for better reflectivity not sure it will do much but the bubble wrap isnt very reflective, but it does insulate well.

better news my Strawberry diesel popped her head up out of the rock wool on sat. Hope she is spitting her rounds already :adore: The Pineapple chunk was peaking up but, no movement on the Violator, she hasnt even split yet :( Well if she is a failure, i will try my second bean and write the seller a note and hopefully they will give me a credit toward my next purchase ??

You bombed your grow? Dayum, the Borg will die in one night of no ventilation, w/ one.
One NPS, put it away in a zip-lock till two days later to kill the hatch.
Tits-up mites are a sight, through a 10x jewelers loupe! ;)

Hell NO never do any thing that evasive when i got plants in there. My flower box is empty till my hatch lings are big enough to giving cuts. Also waiting for cooler weather too. Doing the end of last grow cleaning and want to disinfect and de insect my box. but plan to hang a NPS in the veg box as a safe guard too. the strip should hold good for a couple days. the box of bombs were cheap compared to the other bombs on the market but since its empty the others will have to do.

Well on better news my strawberry diesel is alive she popped her cap and i had to remove some seed skin from her and her serrated leaves are growing
straw_die.JPG

I had to germ my second violator bean as i think the first is dying off she split a tiny bit and started to germ but no new movement from the zygote and the tap is turning brown :( so 2nd bean is in the wool. I been changing the water every three days so have no idea why the bean didnt take ?? oh well thats why i get 2 :) just want one of each strain to make a temp mom then cut from each to keep it going as i have no room for 8 moms :( maybe next summer

well got some new ladies sprouting :) still waiting on the pineapple chunk and 1st violator kush to go but after 2wks i am thinking thank god i germed the 2nd violator bean which is in the first pic. well i wanted 3 strains for fall, and since i am vegging shorter 8-10 will be my # for this grow. here are pics
fri pic of the strawberry diesel and the 2nd bean of violator kush
up_8-19.JPG

newest is the 8 ball kush
up_8-22.JPG

we here is a close up of my violator kush :( think i maybe cal def ?? i used a 1/4 tsp of flora grow/micro/bloom. when i germ them but i use ro water and i forgot the calamag + so i made a new mix and added a 1/2 tsp of calamag+ and 1/2 tsp of flora blend to the trio. I could have sworn that seedlings didnt need any for the first two wks ?? What do you think ? its kinda light green too :( this is my only violator seedling left PLEASE HELP

up_8-24.JPG
up_8-24-1.JPG

ok guys and gals NEED help with that last diagnosis :( the deficiency i think is cal or mag but i ve added calamag + to my water at a 1/4 strength and my new groth has spots but it on a different plant. I will snap some pics and also go and add the info to my page. They are about a 3 wks old and in 1.5" rock wool soon to be moved into 6" blocks and my nute mix this wk will be 1/2 strength on the gh flora series + calamag + and think about adding some hydrozyme to the mix too. since i dont have 5 leaves yet still working on 3 i think. I will post pics tomorrow

RW is waterlogged, and your 'deficiency' looks like water spots.
If you've ever sprayed a mist of water on them, don't do it again. Foliar feeding is bunk; cannabis eats what comes from the roots. Water with minerals comes up the stem by capillary force, drawn by need above. If the plant is smothered in 100% humidity, little water is given into the air to be replaced. Photosynthesis slows to a crawl, and the plant is doomed. 40% is best for most, 60 max.

That a natural plant outdoors gets rained on normally, is coincidental. All plants have a waxy top-coat to protect its innards from the water. Cannabis is equipt to survive abuse, but responds wonderfully to good conditions. I haven't sprayed water on any cannabis of mine for years. Not fresh cuts, nor vegging juniors. Certainly not flowering babes.

:hmmmm:
I guess that I might have posted simply: 'What's your RH', but what fun is that?

thanks gator i do wet the wool and then give a gentle squeeze to aerate. I misses the first the calamag in my first soaking of the wool :( I use RO water so i am thinking thats its cal def ?? I have not sprayed the leaves with any thing this go around. RH is in the mid 50s ph is 5.8 temp is 78 I just moved them into 4" rock wool cubes and made the nute mix 1/2 strength also added hydrozyme, calamag +, and diamond nectar. Hope this helps, as i feel they are growing slowly :( So use to cuttings 3 days for roots and then they are off to the races :( oh well hope they take off soon Sorry yesterday was nuts rushing around to get them into the cubes i didn't have time to get any pics so will have them tomorrow.

Just found the journal. Have you looked at this page? Plant Abuse Chart I have it book marked. I also keep a copy of Cervantes' Grower's Bible on my desk.

First, I am not a fan of rock wool cubes. I had several issues when using them. All of those problems went away when I switched to Root Riot cube for seeds an coco coir/perlite for moms.

I don't think adding diamond nectar this early is needed. let them get a few more leaves going before you start loading them up with extras they don't need yet.

Looks like you may have a bit of an Mg def going on. Do you know the PPM of your mix? Espom salts, 2 tea-spoons per gallon should take care of the Mg def.

Also the raised ridges on your leaves may be a sign of salt build up. Are you feeding every watering? You also mention you're squeezing excess moisture out of the cubes?

If these werre mine, and I was going to make moms out of them, I would have them in my media of choice for moms, in a small pot (1 liter coco/perlite hempy) and then feed them every 3rd watering, which is about every 7~9 days for me. once they start to get bigger, transplant to a larger container and then consider using something like OC+ to grow them with. You want moms, not monster bushes. You want moms to be healthy, fairly bushy and short.

Once you get them about 6~8 inches tall consider the bonsai mom method ( do a quick search in the forums).

The best tool you have at your disposal is the "How To" forums. Tons of information there. I read constantly for two months before I cracked my first seeds, and still f'ed them up. Read some more and now 100%.

Best of luck on the girls.

Thank u Steve :) I squeeze my cube after the first soak. then water every 2-3 days. I feed 1/4 strength on first soak of the rock wool with clones but and kinda didnt think when i did it for my seeds :( thinking i may have feed them a bit early ?? but then i saw the dots from earlier and thought crap i forgot the calmag BC i use ro fliter. SO then yesterday i saw the lightening and figured go to 1/2 on the flora series ?? I am 3wks old on the strawberry so 1/2 strength will be ok i think ? i try to feed every 3rd watering on my moms. ps i am running the light 24-7 i will ppm the solution tonight thanks for stopping by :)

I did check out the problem page and couldnt match it to any one pic :( straight water for a few days should help and might adj the lighting to 18/6 for the wkend see if some off time can rejuvenate them ??

Nice grow man! I like the violator strain the best! My plants are a few days older and one suffered nute burn, just don't feed them, nute them every other week and increase the strength as you go, start with very diluted and work your way up, the plants won't have yellowing and they'll be greener than ever. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom