Beginner Micro Stealth Grow Plan

Nanon

420 Member
Hi,
I'm a first time grower and due to my situation I have to keep my grow small and stealthy.
I've decided on a lockable 46 cm (18 inches) cube locker lined with mylar as my grow box, 125w CFL for lighting and a 120mm (4.62 inch) pc fan for ventilation. I plan to make my own carbon filter based on this tutorial .

I made a quick plan using sketchup to get a visual idea how its going to fit together;

I know that I don't have much height but if I LST and scrog a short strain hopefully I can make it work.

I would be very grateful for your feedback.

Thanks,
Nanon

Recommend a strain like Purple Urkle. Very short and bushy, but decent yield. Just pure curiosity, why so small? Can you not accommodate a small tent? Or is smell an issue?

Like this:
16" x 16" x 47" tall
Growlab 40 Portable Grow Room
136749-250.jpg

Hi k5kolodzi, thanks for the strain recommendation I'll have to check it out, I've been looking at blue mystic as a small,hardy,low odour strain. Lot of good reviews of its high also (, the most important thing!) :). I live in a tiny studio flat so I have very little space and occasionally have some very straight-laced visitors who I'd like to keep on good terms with! Which is why I've decided on such a tiny grow space.

Nanon

Sweet! How's it coming along?

Sweet! How's it coming along?

Everything just started arriving today, I got my 125w CFL which is huge! I knew the dimensions and that it would fit but its very different seeing it with your own eyes. Going to screw the ceramic fitting I got for it onto a block of wood and screw that onto the top of the cube. Waiting till the cube arrives to figure that bit out, as I'm not sure how much room I should leave between the light and the mylar above it.

Also my fan arrived and carbon so I've got that set up ready to go. I'm not using the design I linked to in my original post, decided it wasn't worth all the effort to cut,stick the frame together so I went with this design instead (hope posting links to other forums is okay here) using a pot left over from a pre-made soup I got at tesco and a bit of cardboard to reduce from 120mm fan diameter to 100mm pot diameter.The airflow seems fine through the 2-3cm of carbon and the fans not too loud so I'm quite happy with it at the moment, we'll see how well it handles smells when the cube arrives. I can post a picture if you are interested.

That's it so far I'm waiting for my bloom nutes, seeds and cube to arrive sometime this week and then I'm set to start growing!

Might post pictures of it being put together later this week.

Nanon

Yep your link isn't working.

I take it you ordered from herbies? If so it won't take long for your seeds to arrive, mine came very quickly but that was a few months back.
You think that cfl is big, wait til you see a 250 or 300 watter, they're massive, 6-7" wide, over a foot long.

Yep your link isn't working.

Oh, if you google 'small carbon filter diy atrium' its the first result if you want to look.

I take it you ordered from herbies? If so it won't take long for your seeds to arrive, mine came very quickly but that was a few months back.
I didn't order from herbies I ordered from attitude, I think they will arrive tomorrow.

You think that cfl is big, wait til you see a 250 or 300 watter, they're massive, 6-7" wide, over a foot long.
I find it very difficult to visualise something that shape but they sound pretty huge!

Nanon

Back
Top Bottom