best light for least $

apriltwentiet

hello 420mag!

i am planning a small, indoor grow room and i wanted to know what the cheapest light i could use for my future momma plants would be without compromising on quality growth? and where i could find them? thanx in advance!
:thanks:

You should be able to find cheap CFLs at any home depot or Wall Mart, make sure you get a few of each spectrum some 2700k, and some 5600k use them together for a nice mixed spectrum, but the 2700 are usually used for Flowering and the 5600 are used primarily for Vegging. Check out Rosemans CFL lighting tutorial here on 420 ...

Hey apriltwentiet :welcome: to 420 magazine
you have found the friendliest site around, tons of helpful, knowlegdeable, and friendly people here to help out.

check out Rosemans's CFL tutorial CFL Light Tutorial

also, just a quick correction,, the veg spectrum (blue) is the 6500k.. (not 5600) (ol hippy just inverted the numbers,, I do that all the time :))

and some great threads here are

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

take a good look through the lighting section

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

and if ya need a hand uploading pics

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

420 already pointed you to the sponsor page, :)

:goodluck::peace:

Welcome to 420, :welcome:such a peaceful and informative site.

Check out this link here:

CFL Light Tutorial

Are you growing soil or hydro?

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical uses, and even info on cooking with herb! Indoor, Outdoor, Soil, or Hydro (I'm a bubbles grower) CFLs, or HID lights, it is ALL here!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! Look for The Butcher, Green007, or Mostly Crazy, they are very knowledgable. OldMedicineMan has a great thread of information too! :thumb:

The home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

Peace I hope to see you around the forums. :peacetwo:

Hello and welcome to the most informative site. There are lots of members that have good info from small grows to large and from cheap to expensive.

What I found to be the most for the least is high power cfl. They're a bit pricey on purchase, but they give good light for low wattage, and they last a very long time if you handle with care. You also won't need ballast, and they don't produce any heat to speak of.

Look for the giant cfl bulbs with lots of long tubes. You can get it both in the blue and red spectrum (and probably most in between).

CFL's are cheaper,, if buying piece by piece,, I have a bunch :) but collectively, I think they will end up costing more..
my first HID was a sun system 150w HPS with ballast built in, for 90 bucks at a local hydro store,, was cheap, and did it's job.. (it got me hooked on growing, and forced me to buy a bigger one)

Another frugal thing about CFL's is after a few months when you replace em with freshies, you can still use the worn ones in regular fixtures around the house.

Back
Top Bottom