Best way to trim your bud?

JaYYaldo

I grow 36 Plants at a time. My harvest is a little larger than some people. I was wondering what the best way to trim my buds would be? i heard that automatic trimmers cut too much of your bud and cause you to lose some yield. Anyone have any good suggestions? :thumb:

I use the TrimPro Rotor. The Rotor is the model with the leather fingers that push the buds around on the trimming grate. I used to enjoy hand trimming, but the more I grew the more it became a pain. Also, the more I grew older, the more of a pain it became... literally. (arthritis)

What used to take weeks to complete can now be done in a single day. This was the biggest single selling point for me.

If your buds have foxtailed, then a lot of the bud will be cut off with a trimmer. If you have nice, tight buds, then not much of the bud at all is lost.

Yes, a small amount of the bud will be "trimmed" from the buds even if they are tight. If you are like me and make hash with the trim, then you'll get more hash.

If you machine trim your buds immediately after harvest, no damage can be detected. If you dry your buds first, then quite a few of the trichs will be knocked off by the machine. Don't cut a plant thinking you'll get to it in a few days. If you cannot trim right away, then don't cut it.

If you prefer a "connoisseur cut" (no leaves at all left behind), then hand trimming is the only way to go. If a standard cut (leaves cut off even with the bud) is what you're looking for, then a trimmer does an excellent job. The little leaf fragments left behind are always covered with trichs.

A trimmer tends to be less messy. All of the trim is captured with a trimmer, as opposed to little leaf parts all over the table, floor, etc.

I have found no difference in the quality of the medicinal effect between hand trimmed & machine trimmed bud.

Good luck!

Always glad to read the Trimpro Rotor reviews, Thanks so much Bill!
Unfortunately Trimpro's got a short leash on their retailers so everyone follows the same price rules for this item. But you can buy the Trimpro Rotor here and use this coupon code "tp60" to save $60 and get free shipping, also tax free.

A customer couldn't make up his mind about getting the Trimpro Rotor or the Trimpro Original. Turns out, you can unscrew the top on the Trimpro Rotor and you are left with a Trimpro Original. It's two machines in one! And they are the same price in every store. Keep that in mind!

A customer couldn't make up his mind about getting the Trimpro Rotor or the Trimpro Original. Turns out, you can unscrew the top on the Trimpro Rotor and you are left with a Trimpro Original. It's two machines in one! And they are the same price in every store. Keep that in mind!

I was thinking this very thing while cleaning the Rotor after my last harvest. I unhooked those four clamps and the whole top came off, revealing what looks just like the original trimpro at a slight angle. The best of both worlds!

How come you failed to mention that when you sold mine to me? ;)

Haha. Sorry. I just learnt this from a customer! I've never actually used one myself. Maybe I'll just have to give you a free sample of something with your next order :)

Haha. Sorry. I just learnt this from a customer! I've never actually used one myself. Maybe I'll just have to give you a free sample of something with your next order :)

Oh, don't tempt me! The Finance Department (Mrs. C) says I used up my 2012 budget with that Rotor purchase last August.... :: sigh ::

at least it was worth it!!

Back
Top Bottom