Bowl Trimmers

Stone420

420 Member
I am by no means a high volume grower with one or two plants at a time as my typical harvest. I like to wet trim large fan leaves, then hang the colas so the sugar leaves curl around the buds and help the drying process go nice and slow in my dry climate. I get good results drying untrimmed, so I will definitely stick with this method.

I average taking about one hour per ounce when I dry trim. While this is not the end of the world manually trimming and cleaning scissors frequently, it does take quite a bit of time. The upside is that I have gorgeous buds to be proud of...but heck - they are for personal use only.

A friend loves his bowl trimmer, but he trims his bud wet. I really don't plan to do that, so I'm sticking to dry trimming mine. Has anyone had good success with a bowl trimmer for dry trim? Just kickin' tires since I think this could be a keen way to screw up some nice buds if not super careful.

Tips or advice?

I tried one, I really liked it when I was harvesting 2-3 plants at once

I'm lazy, so speeding up the process was nice

I trimmed them semi wet, hung for a few days. Took top main colas and hand trimmed and all the rest I did in the trimmer

Mine is an ipower 16"

Now if u want perfect, do by hand, speed, lazy, and volume, it works great

Do you think I'd be satisfied with the results if my expectations are not overly high? I just don't want to screw up premium buds with something that may or may not work.

I wish my buddy was closer but he moved several states away. So I plan to buy one and simply go for it. The iPower 16" like yours seems like a good machine with strong reviews.

I figure wet or semi-wet tri works best, so I was just hoping to see if anyone thought dry trim will work ok. I plan to try one for sure. Your review helped me make up my mind.

For sure!!

Back
Top Bottom