Bowl trimmers

With the risk of offending those that leave a lot of sugar leaves on their bud. I 100% agree. I didn't spend months growing flowers to see dried crinkled leaves all over it.
It depends on the leaf, but i don't fully trim my buds with NO issues with flavor or potency. You are cutting off thc if they are frosty sugar shake leaves close to the bud. The common misconception of pretty manicured buds versus leaving the sugar shake leaves intact has always been for bag appeal only(and what people are used to seeing). You are in fact cutting off the goodness for the sake of an aesthetically pleasing product. I still trim buds for a friend who is used to them looking a certain way... and I just vape his sugar shake laughing the entire time.

Reminds me of a funny story. Back in the day my weed man had the connect of BC bud, it was super leafy but good bud. I would get a ounce or 2 n trim it up. One day i packed a bowl up with the man, he seen my bag and asked me where i scored the cronic? I told him "from you"! Kind of shot myself in the foot, he started trimming his bud up n quit selling ounces, only grams for $20!

Reminds me of a funny story. Back in the day my weed man had the connect of BC bud, it was super leafy but good bud. I would get a ounce or 2 n trim it up. One day i packed a bowl up with the man, he seen my bag and asked me where i scored the cronic? I told him "from you"! Kind of shot myself in the foot, he started trimming his bud up n quit selling ounces, only grams for $20!

You should have bitched about how angry it made you to get hosed on buying a lid and only getting 25 grams of actual bud, plus the pain in the ass it was to have to trim it yourself. Might have started getting discounts ;).

That stuff is good for making extracts. And I'll smoke those - but smoking the leaves they come on, that's like eating the fucking hamburger wrapper :rofl: .

Who said I was offended... just clearly pointing out it isn't necessary and an example for reference.

Depends on your clientele. Expectations are what they are.

Craft grown hand trimmed gets a premium.

My friends usually get a some blonde hash in their treat bag. Win win

Yeah for sure... Super leafy NO bueno. We used to get quarters(sold as eighths) from an older buddy who grew sensi gear back in the 90's and he wouldn't weigh it out and was a little leafy, but we are talking Killer Green Bud for the times. We would trim it up, still have a quarter of indoor grown HPS buds and flip one to cancel the other out(and do it all over again). This is back when Bammer was still a thing, but not for much longer.

smoking the leaves they come on, that's like eating the fucking hamburger wrapper :rofl: .

True dat... just sayin.. When I smoke my testers I usually leaf on some sugar to see what it tastes like fresh.

You should have bitched about how angry it made you to get hosed on buying a lid and only getting 25 grams of actual bud, plus the pain in the ass it was to have to trim it yourself. Might have started getting discounts ;).

That stuff is good for making extracts. And I'll smoke those - but smoking the leaves they come on, that's like eating the fucking hamburger wrapper :rofl: .

When options are limited you take what you get. Small podunk town in Montana, either leafy BC bud or mexican brick.

Depends on your clientele. Expectations are what they are.

Craft grown hand trimmed gets a premium.

My friends usually get a some blonde hash in their treat bag. Win win
Absolutely... you pay me to trim them or I'm not. Always hand trimmed, many years experience in that department trust me. I used to go to the bay area weeks at a time and smash pounds for dollars for 4 light setups on up to 24. It's hard work, but back then prices were higher and more lucrative.

Back
Top Bottom