Bill Proposes Legalizing Medical Marijuana

Warbux

Legislation to legalize dispensing, growing and using marijuana for medical purposes has been introduced in the Ohio House. Passage is unlikely, but if that happens, Ohio would become the 15th state to make medical marijuana legal.

The primary sponsor is Rep. Kenny Yuko, D-Richmond Heights, but there are five other sponsors. The Drug Policy Alliance in Ohio worked with Yuko in drafting the bill, which is similar to Senate Bill 343 from the last session but has significant changes, backers said.

Edward J. Orlett, a former state lawmaker who is Ohio representative for the California-based Drug Policy Alliance, said if the state doesn't pass the legislation, voters could take matters into their own hands. Michigan residents did that in passing a similar medical marijuana ballot issue in 2008.

Among other things, the bill would allow certified cardholders who verify they have debilitating medical conditions to grow marijuana plants. However, it would require them, when they are not at home, to keep the plants in a locked "room, greenhouse, garden or other enclosed area that is out of public view."

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Dispatch Politics
Author: Alan Johnson
Copyright: 2010 The Columbus Dispatch
Website: Bill proposes legalizing medical marijuana | Columbus Dispatch Politics

Yesss! We have another shot! Let's make this one pass this time! Tell all of your state reps and senators to PASS THIS BILL! :cheer: :goodluck:

Too much of my family has problems that can be solved or at least treated with mediganja, but believe that it's worse than ****** because of some bad experiences with stupid friends in the seventies. If congress believes that it is at least a worthwhile issue, then maybe I can soften up their intolerant and closed-minded attitude.

Where can I see this bill in its entirety?

Edit: you can find a list of your representatives by county here: https://www.house.state.oh.us/index.php?option=com_displaymembers&Itemid=73

The more states that try the better,Cannabis is becoming household word.
My 92 year old G-ma says whatever works,specially if its natural.go G-ma.:bravo:

Donations

420 Magazine
4821 Lankershim Blvd. # F420
North Hollywood, CA 91601

Yesss! We have another shot! Let's make this one pass this time! Tell all of your state reps and senators to PASS THIS BILL! :cheer: :goodluck:

Too much of my family has problems that can be solved or at least treated with mediganja, but believe that it's worse than ****** because of some bad experiences with stupid friends in the seventies. If congress believes that it is at least a worthwhile issue, then maybe I can soften up their intolerant and closed-minded attitude.

Where can I see this bill in its entirety?

Edit: you can find a list of your representatives by county here: Ohio House Members Displayed by County

Well I hope my county isn't to blame if it doesn't pass, especially since Kenny Yuko is a rep for it :D

Back
Top Bottom