Birth control pills?

Sohappy

O.K. my dealer... best friend never lied to me before and always hooks me up fat and usually for free he's been growing since the 80's and he's been telling me he crushes birth control pills and puts them in water and waters the plant causing them to grow very large very easily and with. He said it didn't make it stronger but just more plant... bud does anybody know if this is true??

Re: Birth control pills????????????

Birth control pills are usually some form of estrogen or progestogen. I do know that plants can produce chemicals similar to these hormones, but I don't really know what any effects would be. It sounds like bullshit to me.

hmm... I'm gonna try this... because if it's true I'll be hella impressed and if not oh well

hmmm I think Giberellic Acid is the plant's own natural version of using "the pill" - I know if used correctly it can increase bud & plant growth, and mixed at very specific levels can cause a female plant to create male flowers for making feminized seeds.

Peace
MC

Human female sex hormones will not cause marijuana to grow bigger.
The myth started about 25 years ago and the story was it would make male plants turn into females (also not true).
If it were true, everyone would be doing it, and all fertilizers would contain it.

good point ranger...

i have heard about the birth control thing...

and someone on here even said before, o can i use birth control to turn my plants from male to female... and i was like, dude, once its a male, its a male and cant be changed into a female.

I've worked in OB/GYN offices, and the nurses DO take home expired bc pills to use on their house plants... They say they're beneficial... I don't know why it would be any different for MJ...

yeah I have heard something in this direction but like ranger danger said I heard was used to like self plants kinda but of course I have never seen it with my own eyes just heard stories about it

hell yeah birth control pills work good as hell. just crush em up and mix them in with some water. they work gret if youre growing outdoors cause theyll keep your plants from getting seeded from random males, but you could always just wrap a condom around your bud to keep her from getting pregnet.

I hope the above is a joke post because it's as false as it could be. Birth control pills will not do anything for cannabis. Try it if you don't believe us. Get your sisters or fiances birth control pills and apply them to your plants. You will soon see that your babies will still get as pregnant as the little woman or sis will soon be.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Racefan said:
I hope the above is a joke post because it's as false as it could be. Birth control pills will not do anything for cannabis. Try it if you don't believe us. Get your sisters or fiances birth control pills and apply them to your plants. You will soon see that your babies will still get as pregnant as the little woman or sis will soon be.:cheesygrinsmiley:

no no no... O.K. look I was told that crushed birth control pills in some water will make your plant grow faster... have a bigger yeild

not that it will keep your plant all bud

People who know absolutely nothing about horticulture think that what's good for a person is good and will have the same results on plants.
To test this theory, try this experiment:
Eat nothing but bat guano and feed your plants nothing but AM/PM hot dogs and get back to me.

yeah racefan that post of mine involved a bit of sarcasim, except for the condom part. itll really keep your plants from getting pregnet but it leaves a nasty taste of the buds. mmmh, spermicide haze

Sohappy said:
hmm... I'm gonna try this... because if it's true I'll be hella impressed and if not oh well

If not then you might get pregnant or your girlfriend might because you don't have any birth control. I wouldn't try it.

I have to say, I've heard the same thing! My boys grow commercially for clubs in the Bay as well as SoCal and they use them... Plants grow faster, bigger and the yeilds are heavier! I grew the same strains without and the results were obvious!

No offense, but some of you grow mods need to check things out before shooting down valid methods that work... :cool:

Speaking from experience myself...it's false. And until I see scientific proof prooving otherwise, I can't recommend it to anyone else.
But lets look at this in another way...even if they were good for plants... do you feel good, as a male, knowing your ingesting a hormone that has been added to your plants due to your use of BC pills in your growing regime? Can you say...sore arm pits and tender swollen breasts for men? If it was designed for men to ingest bc pills in ANY way, they would be prescribed to men.
IMO stick with elements made for plants. By adding unknown hormones and elements you take the chance of hurting or affecting a person. Most likely yourself.

I'm with you Racefan.
And I'll say it again: if bc pills worked--faster, bigger growth, increased yields--every nutrient brand would contain them.
Plus, that wasn't how the myth even got started. The myth was that bc pills would increase your pct. of female plants, it had nothing to do with any other factor.

Back
Top Bottom