Blitty's Burkle Bubble Grow

Blissed Out J

:welcome:

Hello everybody! Thanks for checking out my grow journal.
This is my first time doing hydro, This is my first time doing Deep Water Culture.

So far the strains of the clones that I am implicating into my bubble setup are Burkle (purple erkle X bubba kush), Ice Cream (paradise seeds), Kush Berry, and a hybrid of Great White Shark X Blueberry.

Originally my plan was to utilize a Superskunk clone I had obtained and turn it into a mother for cloning purposes. These clones were going to be used in this setup but that didn't work out, so I am going to use a variety of clones from the local dispensaries in my area. I will put the former superskunk mother in soil and grow it next to the Deep Water Culture setup. Should be interesting.

OH ya....This is also my first time using CFL's!

SAM_0834.JPG

All of these bulbs were purchased at Lowe's per the advice of Roseman. I believe that I probably should have purchased more bulbs, to fulfill the recommended lumens. But I figure I will give this a shot and then most likely throw my 1000wt hortilux bulb at them later on.

SAM_0833.JPG

Blitty, are you gonna be doing rockwool with all the plants? If you are, a little trick is actually push in the feedtube to the bottom of the rockwool, this feed em directly. If you already have a good bit of roots, then have the feeder tube directly under them and have to roots laying on the feed tube. So you would want the top of the feeder tube and the hydroton(clay rocks) to be even or level. Then hold the rockwool in place while your pour in more hydroton around the rockwool. This has done good for me

Good advice C5R!

If you end up using the feeder tubes make sure you have a trickle. I feel the bottom of my netcups after I get things set up and if the bottom of the netcup is just barely wet I'm tuned in.

MC, now that you mention it, the feeder tube in my system has one that puts out a steady stream, I have noticed that it handles bigger clones okay but small clones dont survive. It makes sense that they are being drowned.. So yes a drip is necessary.

That's it! Many have drown a seed or clone with pumping to much water on it when it's too young to handle it.

I did have an old irrigation piece about 3 or 4 grows ago that just wouldn't throttle down to a trickle. Close but not quite there. It was old at that point. In a pinch I aimed the feeder hose so just the very, very bottom of the RW cube got any of the flow and that seemed to work but I got some irrigation heads for the next grow.

Blitty, are you gonna be doing rockwool with all the plants? If you are, a little trick is actually push in the feedtube to the bottom of the rockwool, this feed em directly. If you already have a good bit of roots, then have the feeder tube directly under them and have to roots laying on the feed tube. So you would want the top of the feeder tube and the hydroton(clay rocks) to be even or level. Then hold the rockwool in place while your pour in more hydroton around the rockwool. This has done good for me

Yes I will be doing all clones in rockwool. Thanks for the tip CR5! I was wondering where the best placement of the feeder tube would be, because I wasn't really sure. I will change them around since its been less than 2 days so the roots should be minimal still. :thanks: +rep

So are you saying poke the feeder tube through the bottom of the net cup and point it straight up towards, and push it into the rockwool? Should it penetrate the bottom of the rockwool?

Yo Blitty! Your setup looks real nice. I'm joining in to watch your grow. Your strains sound good. I like the Purple Erkle, and Love the Bubba Kush I had a couple weeks ago. I bet that Burkle one will be soooo good.

Thanks joe. At first I was thinking I should just do one strain. But since there are so many available near me, It makes it kind of fun to try a few different ones. I might even go pick up a Bubba Kush clone later today. Would be neat to compare it to the Burkle!

We use the term butted up against the side of the RW cube ( if there is any plastic on it, remove it). Halfway or lower part of the cube. You can penetrate the cube a little but just a little. Don't try to it get it halfway into the cube.

I was about to say the same thing. I was just waiting to finish reading all of it.

I've had irrigation manifolds that you could not adjust the flow,(the old kind) and I'd have one tube trickling and one tube just a flowing a stream and I couldn't adjust it. I finally figured out I could ram that tube into the cube, butt it hard up against it, and the cube slowed the flow of water and it allows the flow to fall downward more too.

Something else I am seeing is it always worries me to see a tube and where LIGHT can shine on it. If the conditions are just right, that tube can start growing algae.

You're off to a great start.

When looking for a pH meter, look for one that is NEW and not used, comes with batteries and hopefully comes with calibration solution too.

OK. It doesn't look like any of the $40 and under ones on ebay come with the solution. I suppose I will have to shovel up $60-$100.....Oh well.

I have been contemplating my nutes situation. I have a lot of left overs, of the full line of Fox Farm nutes. I have read mixed reviews about using organics in Deep Water Culture though. I don't want to regret going that route.

Would you recommend that I get Floranova, Advanced Sensi/Connosieur, or GH nutes instead?

Also, Is it correct that I should only be using the nutes at 1/6 and a ph of 5.8 for these next few weeks in the early stages of clone growth? :peace:

OK. It doesn't look like any of the $40 and under ones on ebay come with the solution. I suppose I will have to shovel up $60-$100.....Oh well.

I have been contemplating my nutes situation. I have a lot of left overs, of the full line of Fox Farm nutes. I have read mixed reviews about using organics in Deep Water Culture though. I don't want to regret going that route.

Would you recommend that I get Floranova, Advanced Sensi/Connosieur, or GH nutes instead?

Also, Is it correct that I should only be using the nutes at 1/6 and a ph of 5.8 for these next few weeks in the early stages of clone growth? :peace:

PH sounds good, but 1/6 is hard to tell. Yes, I use a little nutes for clones, 80-100 ppm.. 0ppm wont grow my clones. If you have tap water, just tap water will work and is a safe bet since you dont have a ppm meter, you dont know your tap waters ppm..

If your going to get a TDS meter and spend that kinda money, you ight as well get a reliable, good quality one, and it is something that can and will impact your growth! I cant operate without now

Back
Top Bottom