Blue Mystic Auto Mystery Deficiency?

johnnythunder

Am really disappointed to see some kind of deficiency going on here in week 4 of flowering. Plants were very vibrant and healthy looking up until about a week ago. I am suspecting a calcium and or magnesium deficiency but hoping to get some feedback.:Namaste:

What Strain is it? Blue Mystic Autoflower

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica Dominant

How Many Plants? 4

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flower

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Vegged for around 4 weeks

If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Week 4 of flowering ( Plants ~8 weeks old)

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro?Soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix? Half FFOF , Half light warrior, added around 10% of quantity worth of perlite and supplemented with normal amount of dolomite lime for pH buffer

If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 Gal equivalent airpot, (Actual 2.2 gallon)

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 California Light Works SolarFlare 110w VegMaster L.E.D. Grow Light

Is it Air Cooled? No

Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 62-75 (temps getting low overnight)

RH of Room/Cabinet? 30-50%, very dry here in winter. Trying to keep humidity up but stays around 30 as of lately. Was higher (~50-60% during veg).

PH of Water? 7.4 tap. Let sit 24 hours with airstone pump. Slightly high but figure it should balance out with FFOF, dolomite lime and the fact that this is an organic grow. TDS reading is 45

PH of Medium? Around 6.0 if I were to guess.FFOF is usually on the acidic side

Any Pests? None

How Often are you Watering? every 3 days, full watering.

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? BioCanna Line. Bio Vega, Bio Flores, Bio Boost, Bio Rhizo. Did half strength Bio Vega/ Bio Rhizo last week of veg into flower,then watered with compost tea next watering, then watered with plain water next watering, then switched to full strength Bio-flores and bio boost, and half strength bio-rhizo. Watered with coconut water about a week and a half ago.

Size or Square Footage of Room? 2X4 8sq ft

Plant 1
24548098605_63e203a2e1_z.jpg
IMG_6636 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellochello/,

Plant 2

24180326179_76e8849ef6_z.jpg
IMG_6637 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellochello/,

24439791912_9833e620de_z.jpg
IMG_6638 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellochello/,

Notice the brown spotting

24252552910_5d4c60217f_z.jpg
IMG_6639 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellochello/,
Other 2 Plants look relatively ok with slight appearance of similar deficiency

Any input ? :Namaste:

Next time you feed or water, saturate the pot to point of runoff out the bottom, collect that and let me know what your PH is.
It's probably just a lock out, don't start adding more stuff until you check.

Vlad:bongrip:

Vlad is correct. I know what the problems are but the reason is your pH is off...probably too high.

If you add in the 4 nutes that are showing deficiency into a locked out system it wont help and just make the soil toxic.

Start by watering with 6.2 pH when the soil is dried out and measure the runoff.

The nutes are likely there just not mobile. If it is one deficiency then it is poor fertilization. If it is many then likely it is the pH...Or could be REAL bad fertilization...but 2 of the ones you show really only show from pH problems.

Thanks guys ! So I just watered with plain water pH'ed to 6.2-6.4 and the runoff was around 6.6-6.8. Guessing my pH got way too high. Makes sense since I haven't been pHing my tap which is around 7.4. I stopped pHing my water after my last grow after I had problems with low pH... seems hard to get a balanced pH indoors...then again last grow I didnt add dolomite lime. I've never had a problem with pH outdoors in my 6 years of successful outdoor grows with the same tap water...Clearly I'm a newb to the indoor game... Guess I will just have to keep things consistent and dolomite lime cant hurt... Any other ideas ? I don't want to stunt these babies too long because they are autoflowers. Maybe a flush with water pH'ed to 6.2 and then return to watering with water pH'ed to 6.5 with half dose nutes? Appreciate the feedback :thumb:

Na

6.2 is fine. 6.5 is just the middle of the range but that doesn't mean ideal. I prefer to keep it closer to the bottom end.

In potted plants all you have to do is water in the good range and it will be good (unless you have an infection or rotting). You don't need to flush to get the pH right. Flushing is for when you have a real problem. Those plants are small enough that you would have to have been dumping in tons of stuff to have a problem built up yet.

I have found it doesn't need to be much over 7 to start locking things out bad. So I try to stay away from that edge.

Outdoors is a different game. Lots of reasons for it. Indoors you gotta put on the big boy pants and be a bit more responsible for the unnatural environment you are creating to mimic the outdoors. When playing Mother nature you have to think about a lot of things she just takes care of for you outside.

I ran those recently..done right they give a great long lasting potent high. Run them extra long. Really wait for the trics to start turning brown.

So the yellowing of the plant is still progressing after watering with water pH'ed to 6.2. Should I expect some kind of reversal ? Any other course of action I should take to get these back in the groove?

Well like I said there are multiple things there. The yellowing is nitrogen deficiency. That takes 6 day or more to turn around AFTER everything is good. And the yellow leaves wont repair they will just eventually wilt and come of when ready. That is actually not as big a deal. The Calcium and Phos def. Are a little worse to deal with. None of it will kill it. These are common things that we all have worked through. But those as well do not heal. Most problems with deficiencies once they are there are there. The leaves grow once and done.

So I would just put like a few 2x4s under the pot so the drainage is complete and all the water comes out and just keep running it down. I would suspect you are early enough that you haven't put so much in to make it toxic yet. Many times people think they have a def. because of lack of nutes and just keep adding in nutes to a locked out situation and that just makes things worse. But yours is so young even if you did that you probably wouldn't be that bad.

Patience. I suspect you have everything in the soil you need it just needs to be lowered and in a week it will come around.

Dolomite line is very strong. It also runs up the pH. So it doesn't take much to make it hard to control.

You will get there.

My guess is the peat in the light warrior is breaking down and going acidic and starting to cause a lockout. I have the same soil mix as you give or take amounts. The same exact thing happened to me just 2 weeks into flower and continued to decline until I (think) figured out
the problem and flushed them heavy with clearex and PH to 6.8. I made sure at least 2gallons ran trough a 5 gallon container. I then gave it 4 days and ran a heavy watering with 1/16 recomended nutes and I'm continuing to alternate straight PH'd water and super light feedings until they tell me they need more. Maybe a splash of cal mag after the flush would help as well. Depending on the size of your lime pellets they may have washed out and the plants are needing a bit.

Good luck man, I bet they will be fine, I've had way worse looking plant make some killer buds.

Back
Top Bottom