Broken stem during mainline need advice

S0AR3R

420 Member
Hey guys sadly I had a fan fall over and break 2 of my stems one was a Leave stem but the other was a full side of my mainline. I tried to fix them with no luck what can I do to make up for the lost?

78A75BD6-7C91-4297-AF71-78561389A379.jpeg

22F825F4-2C68-455B-B3CB-AB7D707B5788.jpeg

If putting a cast (tape with a stick) on the stem did not work, the only solution to your loss is grow another plant.
Sorry if my solution sounds negative to an answer you were looking for.

If putting a cast (tape with a stick) on the stem did not work, the only solution to your loss is grow another plant.
Sorry if my solution sounds negative to an answer you were looking for.
Yah no luck with The cast I meant is there anything I can do by topping and/or lst in order to get back what I lost

Yah no luck with The cast I meant is there anything I can do by topping and/or lst in order to get back what I lost
You will never get back what was loss, and yes you can top the plant if you are in early veg state.

Welcome to the world of growers, we have all shed a tear for the exact same thing. I grow outdoor and if I could get through a season without one of my ladies getting maimed, I would consider it a great season.

Spark up.

Regarding broken branches/stems - My experience is limited to outdoor grows, plants are already in the ground.
  1. Get some honey on the wound immediately.
  2. Reposition branch to its former state.
  3. Support the branch.
  4. Tape.
I have used this technique at all stages throughout the grow cycle, works every time.

I tried some clone goo recently and positoning/holding the broken branch in place with stakes to allow the juices to naturally heal. As the plant grows it will grow around the wound and wont matter in the long run. I think it can promote strength in the branch. You need to address the issues as soon as you see it or it happens. Air is the enemy hence the clone goo. Same goes for cloning. Doing it under running water is the Biologists prefered method. I think thats overkill though as soon as I clip a clone I put it into the clone goo.

I tried some clone goo recently and positoning/holding the broken branch in place with stakes to allow the juices to naturally heal. As the plant grows it will grow around the wound and wont matter in the long run. I think it can promote strength in the branch. You need to address the issues as soon as you see it or it happens. Air is the enemy hence the clone goo. Same goes for cloning. Doing it under running water is the Biologists prefered method. I think thats overkill though as soon as I clip a clone I put it into the clone goo.
I would say yes it does promote strength as the branch i mended has one of the best flowers.

Back
Top Bottom