Brown stuff on eaves! SOS

You know I really hate to say things like this but, I always feel like I need to say it. You really cannot transplant a plant that is suffering a toxic MG nightmare when it already has a well developed root system. Why?... because even after you transplant your plant into some better growing medium, your plant will still suffer greatly from those remaining slow release beads that you won't ever be able to completely remove no matter how well you try to shake lose those slow release beads out from your plants root system during the transplant. So, now here goes what I always hate telling peps when they come into the greenhouse asking me how to save their babies from their own personal MG nightmare... you have two options, 1) start over, or 2) make the plant a clone and place that clone into a better soil mix and go from there.

You know I really hate to say things like this but, I always feel like I need to say it. You really cannot transplant a plant that is suffering a toxic MG nightmare when it already has a well developed root system. Why?... because even after you transplant your plant into some better growing medium, your plant will still suffer greatly from those remaining slow release beads that you won't ever be able to completely remove no matter how well you try to shake lose those slow release beads out from your plants root system during the transplant. So, now here goes what I always hate telling peps when they come into the greenhouse asking me how to save their babies from their own personal MG nightmare... you have two options, 1) start over, or 2) make the plant a clone and place that clone into a better soil mix and go from there.
well I wouldn't call it a nightmare. the rest of the leaves are doing fine so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

ok but I am afraid to transfer it!
If I recall @Mr. Krip had some advice somewhere on how to do it. The trick was to have dry soil from the old planter so the soil would shake off. I could be wrong on the person but he would be my go to guy on transplanting this late.
Thos pots are quite small. If you upsize your pots to 7gal you'll have lots of room for the correct soil. Even if you have some leftovers the roots will start to wander off towards new areas where they detect new moisture.
The way I see it, what have you got to lose? If you need to take a clone or start over why not transplant and see what happens??

If I recall @Mr. Krip had some advice somewhere on how to do it. The trick was to have dry soil from the old planter so the soil would shake off. I could be wrong on the person but he would be my go to guy on transplanting this late.
Thos pots are quite small. If you upsize your pots to 7gal you'll have lots of room for the correct soil. Even if you have some leftovers the roots will start to wander off towards new areas where they detect new moisture.
The way I see it, what have you got to lose? If you need to take a clone or start over why not transplant and see what happens??

I don't think it was me, but as always, I'm happy to help! ;)

It does look like a Calcium deficiency and my first guess would be due to PH being off, so first thing to do would be to know where your PH is and adjust to around 6.5 if needed.

If, by some chance, your PH is OK, I would give a foliar of some Cal-Mag.

As for the soil, I agree with the others that you really don't want the fert's in the soil, but they're already there and the plant is young and the container looks relatively small, so just give plain H2O until she's ready to transplant or starts showing some signs of a N deficiency (yellowing in the bottom leaves).

When time to transplant, get some FoxFarms, ProMix, or similar and,, if she starts showing a N deficiency before it's time to transplant, start her on some nutes.

Just my suggestions! :goodluck:

I received your question on transplanting and thought it best to answer here for you...

When it comes time to transplant, fill up the new container with your soil mix, dig a hole in the center large enough to fit the container the plant is currently in. You can place the entire container (or an empty one of the same size/shape!) in the hole to check the fit. If you're using rock dust or mychorraizae, first dust the hole then remove the plant from its current container and dust the roots also. Then, just place the root ball in the hole, snug the soil around it, and water it in.

That's it! You're now transplanted!

Back
Top Bottom