Brown veins?

Rev. Nuggs

The plant has it's leaves turning redish brown and not the burnt brown like nut burn but it started in the vein's and has been spreading outward and now has turned the leaves allmost all the way this dark redish brown color.
The plant is 45-48 day's into flowering, its in soil using big bloom and tiger bloom and and it's bag seed from some mids.
I'll try to figure out the pic's later..
Thank's for any input..

The plant has it's leaves turning redish brown and not the burnt brown like nut burn but it started in the vein's and has been spreading outward and now has turned the leaves allmost all the way this dark redish brown color.
The plant is 45-48 day's into flowering, its in soil using big bloom and tiger bloom and and it's bag seed from some mids.
I'll try to figure out the pic's later..
Thank's for any input..
Sounds like rust...

rust explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success.

Wow...I wouldnt have even thought of that.. There are a few rusty nail's in the grow area that had been there forever.. But is it too late to try and and get rid of it or should I just ride it out till harvest and if I do ride it out will it affect the smoke at all..
I can't seem to figure out how to post pic's.. I'm doing it like the tut say's, but maybe I need to resize em.. My wife is a photog and she allways does the posting but she told me no pics on here cause of the..well you know.. so I can't ask her..LOL
Thanks for the fedback..
And anymore help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks..:roorrip:

rep++ Racefan...

Well I figured it out Finaly... That's pic's of my sick baby that I took the other day.. Thank's guy's...

Joy_007.JPG

Joy_008.JPG

Joy_053.JPG

Well it could be a purple color the more that I look at it... It looked like a football color to me until you said something about it being purple so all I know I need to do something cause it's getting bad allmost cover's the whole leaves of the older growth and the new growth is starting to do the same.. So if anyone could help me out I would be stoked..And if I need to just do a early harvest then that could be arranged :roorrip: ... Thank's..

Yea I looked at that before posting and didn't think that the description matched what my plant was doing which is why I decided to post and ask. So any help from the Great's on here that might have run into this and know's for sure would be greatly appreciated.. Thank's for any and all response's.. :peace:

P.S. I will take some updated pics for yea in a few...

OK..that's not rust. I'd say phos def too but from the other symptoms I'm seeing like the droopy leaves and the light coloring I'd say nutrient lock out. Flush real well and add back a solution with b-12 and 1/4 strength dose of nutrients to begin with then go back to . fulll strength. What are you using for nutrient?

Well now you guys got some more pic's to put in the plant disease thread for Phos Def..
So in the morning i'll start off by Flushing..
Do you think that it will come back out of this and how long..
Thank's again..

P.S. Where would be the best place to get B-12..

Last I checked it was in the 6.4ish range. I only have the kit from wal-mart at the moment. I check the run off. I'll check it again when I flush in the morning..

Back
Top Bottom