Bubble Box

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Hello readers, it?s the bubble man here with another interesting perspective. I am going to show you all today the BUBBLEBOX. A creation I came up with in order to share full melt dry sift with my hash making community> You see for most, full melt hash is unheard of, for those that it is heard of, 90% plus of those, have seen it thru water extraction i.e. bubblebags. Very few people have seen full melt dry sift. I.e. resin that was made without the use of solvents or water. The information of making full melt dry sift, although It was posted in Rob Clarke?s wonderful book Hashish, still never really brought the process to light the way the internet and the addition of water extraction. The combination of those two, internet and water hash, really brought the process?s to the forefront of the industry. In 99 when I really started to go full force on the water extraction process, the internet sites for cannabis were just starting to take off. As well as the digital camera capabilities. People who had never heard of it before, we?re now looking at mouth water photo?s that were almost unbelievable. The next step for this, for me, was to start promoting the wonders of dry sifting. As with water hash, you lose water soluble terpenoids, i.e. The smells and flavors of the plant. The dry sifting could recapture those, and by adding them jelly style to your bubble, you would reconstitute those terpenoids back into your hash. However, that method was mostly for people who were screening with a single screen. A single screen in dry sifting is extremely difficult to acquire melty hash from its not impossible, but not really the best method. You see with dry sifting you are dealing with gravity, where as in the water extraction, the water keeps mostly everything buoyant. In dry sifting, much more contaminant will fall into your final product. Thus the multiple screens. My bubble box has three screens, and is set up to give you two nice grades of bubble. I designed the box the way I did, for a few reasons, I wanted the normal everyday cannabis user to be able to have access to at least a hit of full melt sift a day. With the simplicity of the box, all they would need to do, is either break up their vapo herbs on the box, or even their joints for rolling the amount of resin that would fall thru for 10 good vaporizer hits, or 5 good joints, will give you one nice melty hit of dry sift. Now the initial amount that falls thru to most people?s naked eye will seem like much more. But please understand that because of the colour similarities in the gland head from the capitate stalks and cystolith hairs. That initial pile will be at least 50 % contaminant. And the contaminant I am talking about is that of the non glandular trichome parts. Not to be confused with green plant matter contaminant. Which can also easily make up another 25%. Leaving you with a pile of maybe 25% heads. To the naked eye this is extremely to see, but once you start working with the multiple screens it becomes clear. Let me take you thru the process of the bubblebox now and show you how I can start with herb, and finish with several piles one which is completely Melty< showing just how pure and concentrated it really is.

So my top screen is a 140u. I use a much smaller screen size on the dry sift box than I do the bags, as the box is a dry sift tool, I want to keep my plant matter contaminant as low as I can. I break up some herb on the box; this particular batch is some sweet tooth3. I don?t smoke joints myself, but am using a wonderful new glass vaporizer called the Hot Glass. So I don?t bounce the herb hard over the screen at all, as I like it to be present in my vapor. Even still check what falls down to my second screen 107u. This stuff is still very contaminated but we will fix that quickly. Taking the plastic card the box comes with, or anything you have that you prefer, that has a hard edge. Gently sweep the resin over the screen, this action will push the non glandular contaminant right thru the screen. After working it for a few minutes you will be left with a badly contamination pile, I usually vape this.

Lifting that 107u screen we have a 70u screen. Now this screen does not represent the smallest glandular heads found on a cannabis plant, but they do represent a very good general size for Melty resin glands. So you will still have a product at the bottom that is somewhat usable.(pic12 For me I personally give it away, but it can be cooked with, inhaled, thru a vaporizer, or just straight up puffed thru a phat ROOR.Either way its still viable (pic9). This screen will take a lot more work to get a melty product with the card. I sometime will do this for 15 to 20 minutes, gently rubbing the hash back and forth over the screen. The temperature being cold will only help. I have done this in a walk in freezer, as well as just in cold weather, do it in a colder than warmer room for great results. The cold will make the contaminant very brittle, and the resin less sticky to work with as well. After some work, you will find your pile glistening in the light, the more of these little glowing clear marbles you see, the BETTER. You are close now. Just a matter of scooping some off the screen( this is your bottom screen size 70u) some of that lovely golden dust, and fill up your RooR.( if you don?t have a RooR that?s ok, just go get one as soon as you can. ?.. Serious.

Once you?ve got that bowl nicely filled, light her up. If you have done everything right, you should see your hash dancing in a ring around your pipe. A lovely site indeed. If you have done it all right, from the growing, to the curing. To the harvesting, to the trimming, to the extracting, to the cleaning, if you have done all of that correctly. Your hash will look like this.

Now of course you don?t need a bubble box to produce hash of this quality, you just need to use this information as best you can, but for those that want a quality tool that produces melty hash in a three screen process, and want it to lock, and be secure. This is the unit for you. Bringing this to the UK, once again is the pioneering efforts at PURESATIVA.COM. The first three screen box commercially available, now in the UK.

Bubble Man

I've built several kiff boxes but I've never gone the multiple screen route. I use my bubble bags when I want seperate qualities of hash.

stash_box_1_.JPG

far_view_kiff_box_1_.jpg

I'll let you in on my secret...3 picture frames with the glass glued into the top and bottom (non toxic aquarium glue) and the silkscreen stretched over and stapled to the bottom of the middle frame. Attach the middle and bottom with screws that come out easily so you can scrape up the kief and the top to the middle with hinges. Add a latch and you have a kief box.

Back
Top Bottom