Strain- Blue Dream
2 Plants
Stage - Flowering in week 5
Medium - Soil ph is 6.5 on both plants
Nutes- Using FoxFarm Trio with Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching
No pest other than mold smell
Temp - 75 degrees
RH - 58-73

Plants have been doing great up until about 4 days ago. Haven't been able to get the humidity down below 50%. Stays between 58-62% during lights on and goes up to 76 during lights off. Now it smells like mold in my grow tent. Pulled the plants out and the mold smell is definitely coming from the buds. I don't see any visible signs of mold yet. Is there anything I can do to save these girls from mold and also to get the humidity down. I have a dehumidifier, 190 cfm exhaust fan with carbon filter and a small 7" desk fan pushing air up through the branches. Still the humidity won't go down. This is my 2nd grow and I'd really like to complete this one. My first one ended in root rot in hydro. Please help!!!!
420-magazine-mobile1066690563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1074955515.jpg

I have to ask, are you absolutely sure that that mold smell isn't just some variation of normal bud dankness?

Your buds don't look dense enough to have much mold, which usually strikes when they close up and don't ventilate well.

But of course better safe than sorry, so yes, not just more circulation in the tent, but more importantly, more circulation through the tent to carry away moisture-laden air. I think that's most important.

What is the temp doing at night with the lights off? Maybe install a small heater to keep things warm and dry?

Let the soil dry thoroughly and maybe cover the tops of the pots with plastic? Of course at this point a lot of the moisture is coming up through the plant itself.

I have to ask, are you absolutely sure that that mold smell isn't just some variation of normal bud dankness?

Your buds don't look dense enough to have much mold, which usually strikes when they close up and don't ventilate well.

But of course better safe than sorry, so yes, not just more circulation in the tent, but more importantly, more circulation through the tent to carry away moisture-laden air. I think that's most important.

What is the temp doing at night with the lights off? Maybe install a small heater to keep things warm and dry?

Let the soil dry thoroughly and maybe cover the tops of the pots with plastic? Of course at this point a lot of the moisture is coming up through the plant itself.

I'm not 100% sure but with the humidity I had and the smell together has scared me. Especially after I lost my last plant to root rot. The temp was between 80-84 with lights on. I have a 300w LED and a 600w LED at Night it gets down to 72-74. Right now it's 81 degrees and at 51% RH. Can't get it lower than that.

Stick a dehumidifier in your space to control humidity! If you lost one crop already dont go down the same path.

I've had one in there since I flipped to flower. The issue was I didn't have enough air being removed from my tent. I put another exhaust fan on there and now it's anywhere between 35-42% RH. We'll see what happens

Does ur carbon filter go off with the lights ?

No my carbon filter runs 24/7. I had the filter inside the tent and the fan on the outside which wasn't removing enough air. So I put the filter on the output which created more suction in the tent but it still wasn't enough so I added another exhaust fan and now the humidity is good. I just hope the I got it early enough

I run a sealed tent 0 fresh air only the light is vented. I find running a sealed tent is much easier to control the environment. All I use is a dehumidifier and a/c to control r/h and temp. 1000w a/c fixture temps 78-81º r/h 55% in flower and 80-83º/ 65-70% in veg daycycle and 50% night cycle

I run a sealed tent 0 fresh air only the light is vented. I find running a sealed tent is much easier to control the environment. All I use is a dehumidifier and a/c to control r/h and temp. 1000w a/c fixture temps 78-81º r/h 55% in flower and 80-83º/ 65-70% in veg daycycle and 50% night cycle

I plan on building a tent out of wood and sealing it real good. This fabric zip up tent works but I want to improve it. Just wanna get the process down before I do it. This is my 2nd grow

Back
Top Bottom