Building own hydroponic DWC - Asking for some help or info

well this sucks I might get in trouble for mentioning them but they are a sponsor here mars hydro screwed me I caught them in a huge scam luckily I got my money back my led light is on its way thank gosh but I was played like a fiddle on the grow tent so now I have been slowly ordering everything I need getting all happy and now I have to look for a new grow tent ugggggg their grow tent on the website gives false info anyways they say it is a 2x2x6 grow tent when actually the size is 27" x 27" x 63" last time I checked and my math is pretty good 63" is not 6 feet lol so I been planning on 6 feet when I was only going to have 5 feet . If any of yall have any input on good grow tent company's please let me know. I know I need to stay around the 24" for the depth I am thinking of going to maybe a 32" length or 36" length just trying to keep the size down for stealth reasons just incase my kiddos go in closet.
Oh and I seen the rapid rooters for the first time earlier on amazon and I may say very interesting I might get some just for the heck of it they have nutrients and everything in them from what I read that should make for explosive growth with hydroponics.

It is hard to find a 6' tent less then 36x36. Most 32x32 and under are 5' (or close to it in cm's)

I like 2" round cylinders airstones mine are about 4" long. I have been using the same ones for 3yrs and they are still like new. Those flat ones make a lot of back pressure and to me work better with piston pumps.

For buckets and lids. You should call around near where you live to see if you can find some because the shipping drives the price of those way up.

Those sets of them that you see will work. But the airpumps that come with most are just crap. So do not count them as much.

ok think I found maybe a possibility I have to talk the wife into it but grow tent 48" long x 24" wide x 84" tall . if I can make that extra fit in the closet what do yall think of it and if I get it should I still stick with one bucket grow or use two buckets ?

That's great! You can for sure run two buckets with nice size plants too or three mid sized ones. That will let you grow two stains at the same time and make your odds of success much better. It for sure will be able to grow all you could want to smoke...

Now you're talking! Thats the size i just went to. Running two 5 gal buckets in there will give you plenty of meds for personal use.
I will be using two 300 watt(real draw 160ish) for veg and will add a 400w hid for flower.
Interested in seeing how that whisper pump works. I almost got one after my first 2 pumps crapped out but opted for an 18 watt small commercial pump instead.
Are you going to start a journal when you get up and running? Its a great way to keep track of your first and get helping hands.
Have you decided on a strain or strains to start with yet?

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The Whisper's last about a year and I think they are the best of the cheap ones for air output to noise ratio.

A commercial pump/piston pump puts out much more heat and noise then a diaphragm pump and without a chiller would be very bad for me. Pius I don't like all of that noise.

I think the best pump to run up to 4 buckets with is the GH dual diaphragm air pump. They put out a lot of air without a lot of noise or heat and they last and last. But they cost about $60.

Now you're talking! Thats the size i just went to. Running two 5 gal buckets in there will give you plenty of meds for personal use.
I will be using two 300 watt(real draw 160ish) for veg and will add a 400w hid for flower.
Interested in seeing how that whisper pump works. I almost got one after my first 2 pumps crapped out but opted for an 18 watt small commercial pump instead.
Are you going to start a journal when you get up and running? Its a great way to keep track of your first and get helping hands.
Have you decided on a strain or strains to start with yet?

I was checking out those GH pumps too. Looks like a good one.
The pump i ended up getting is way more quiet than i thought it would be. I had to be a little creative with a mounting to keep vibration down and i keep it in front of my a/c register for the heat but man o man does it make lots o bubbles. Plus having the pumps intake at the a/c vent helps to keep my water temps down too. In the winter when we switch to heat i will mount my cool air intake and pump in my window casement and foam board the inside of the window closed.

hey yall sorry for delay in messaging my broken neck and spine is killing me today . The strain that I will be using first is incredible bulk it puts out extraordinary amount of buds and is very resilient to first timer stupid mistakes like heat and ph I think with fimmin it once it gets 4 nodes or so then later topping them it should bush out pretty good the only thing I am worried about is if I do get this 4'x2'x7' will my marsll 400 be enough for it. It is a lot bigger area. I honestly been looking for something in the line of 36" x 24" x 72" to get me started but cant find any tents around that configuration the 4ft tent will just fit on one side of my closet if I take the top rack off .
I didn't order the whisper 40 I ended up getting the whisper 60 for the same exact price as the whisper 40 and the 60 has two ports on it so I can divert them both into one airstone or if I do get 2 buckets It can work with both.
I am kind of up in the air about the journal with Lazarus I live in the last state that would ever accept medical or recreational if they could get my state to pass for either it would mean complete deregulation of all of it lol I think it is because they don't want us getting all of our cattle high.
I am not going to have any chiller at least for my first grow I will be using the z7 and if it gets too hot I will put ice bottles in the buckets too cool them down .

unfortunately the light will be here Tuesday just got the confirmation from ups - but what if I ordered one of the older models like the mars 300 from a year ago they are clearance them out on amazon for like 79.95 do you think adding that in with that 400 would do it

this is the 300 I was talking about MarsHydro Mars300 LED Grow Light with Veg/Bloom Spectrum

1666646126900.png

It would be ok. You will not need the other light for another month. So you can take your time and think more about it. You can veg with just the 400 if you want.

this is the 300 I was talking about MarsHydro Mars300 LED Grow Light with Veg/Bloom Spectrum

how much a difference in a 2x2x5 tent would a 3 gallon hydro bucket make vs 5 gallon I actually found a hydroponic store that is less then 2 hours from me I was wondering about the 3 gallon just incase my wifey dive bombs on the idea of the bigger tent taking up 1 side of her closet, You notice I said her closet I been with her 10 years trust me it her closet I just get to use it lololol . would a 3 gallon bucket be to small ? and a question for duke and lazarus whatever I decide to get GH 3part or AN or FF 3part I plan on ordering the quarts will that be enough for my first grow 1 quart each for a single plant how much do yall go thru on yalls grows on average I know yall o more plants then me but I'm trying to make sure I have everything covered I don't want any surpises that I don't have the stuff to compensate with . Like calmag I just added that to my order I heard that doing LED 99% of the time you have to supplement calmag. I also placed a order for something that is extremely cool it is called eva dry it will clip on in your tent and it reduces the humidity if you start to have extreme humidity no batteries no wires when it gets full of humidity you take it out of the tent plug it in the wall outlet and it dries itself out then you just put it back in tent if needed.

Quarts will get you trough a few grows.

I would not go with 3gal buckets. There would not be enough room for water.

With GH I use very little calmag. I use tap water I set out for 24hrs. If you use RO you will need calmag for sure. GH has two different Micos one for Hardwater and Plain one.
I just use the plain one.

2hr is to far to drive for buckets.

Here is where you can get tops.
6 in. - Round Plant Container - Mesh Bottom

Buckets
Black Bucket HG5G - 5 gal.

cool so I defiantely will stick with the 5 gallon buckets and thank you for the links fixing to get them ordered. Lazarus I know you said that you just went to the 4x2x7 grow tent how are you doing the venting do you just vent out into the same room that you are drawing fresh air in or do you vent it out a duct hose to the outside
what about you duke

I vent my 4x4 right back into the room. I have a fan high inside blowing out and the vents near the floor open.

As for the buckets go, my personal experience has been that the 3 gallons get a little small after you account for the water level. I don't grow DWC but when I did a while ago I always kept my water right at the bottom of the net pot. So when I tried the 3 gallon it actually turned into a 2.5 gallon and the roots got pretty congested in there. But it also depends on how long you veg for too. Just my two cents. Happy growing!

---GL---

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thank you green life any info is helpful I found out getting someones two cents Is better then being broke lol the people on this forum has been so good

I just checked how much they want to ship those buckets and it is way to much. The tops where $15 total but with the buckets it was $65 for two of everything.
Amazon prime has them for $12: Hydrofarm HG5G 5-Gallon Black Bucket : Open Home Storage Bins

1666645999634.png

Tops on Amazon: 6 in. Wide Lip Bucket Basket - Round Plant Container with Mesh Bottom - Hydrofarm HG6RDBK

1666646023607.png

Back
Top Bottom