Buying seeds online?

Can't say I've ever had a bad experience with any of the ones I've used and, although I don't buy seeds often... I've been doing so since the '90s. But I'm paranoid enough to only purchase from established seedbanks (in other words, ones that have been in existence long enough that people have bought from them, received their orders, germinated the seeds, grown them out, and sometimes shown those grows on the forum, via their grow journal threads). I only do business with seedbanks that aren't located in the US; I'll happily trade a slightly lengthier shipping time for the knowledge that it'd be significantly more difficult for the feds to run a sting operation using a non-domestic front. I pay with cash and don't send that cash in anything that could be mistaken for a Christmas or birthday card (as those have been known to occasionally vanish). I also try to avoid seedbanks that have their websites hosted on servers that are located in the US, and to avoid any servers that use Cloudflare (I figure I could forgive myself for occasionally sticking my head into the lion's mouth, lol - but not for starving the poor creature for a couple of weeks first and then covering my head with garlic butter and wildebeest-flavored seasoning).

I also place a low priority on "freebies." And I'll choose a seedbank that occasionally runs out of some of its wares over one that always reports 100% of its items being in stock.

Take a look at our Sponsors page. The businesses listed there have paid to be listed; its their money that pays the forum's bills - which means that, by giving them your custom, you are returning the favor (and encouraging them to continue to support our forum). And it's a reasonable assumption that any complaints regarding those businesses would be scrutinized by the staff and forum owner (both because the owner cares about the members of the forum and because to do otherwise would tend to cause the membership numbers to shrink).

Back
Top Bottom