Cake icing? any ideas how to make it?

I don't know if cannabutter would be the right ingredient for icing. You'd want cannamilk. And with that milk you'll make your icing. Since some icings use both milk and butter you could probably substitute both with its "Canna-counterpart". For milk: Double boil milk and bud for some time, strain thoroughly, and chill. There are recipes up the whazzoo available if you need more than that quicky. I'd search the 420 Mag threads because thats where I found some of my own. For your icing use a bag of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar), 2 teaspoons of extract (whatever flavor you want. I like maple but experiement because bud in many different flavors is where it's at!) 1/2 cup cannamilk, 1/4 cup cannabutter (melted), 1/4 cup brewed cofee and a pinch of salt- blend those until smooth and your good to go! You'll be amazed. I had some icing on made-from-scratch cannimon-rolls! Let me know how it turns out, if you like it, or not!

This is my favorite frosting recipe. You inspired me to make it with cannabutter right now! You can try it, too and we can compare notes on the results. This recipe is pretty foolproof and I've been using it for years:

2 cups butter (we're gonna try cannabutter here...)
8 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream

1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
2. Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional 2 ounces whipping cream if necessary. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.

You can cut the recipe in half because it makes a mountain of frosting. Sometimes I play around with it and put in some softened cream cheese and some other extracts. You can't ruin it.

I'll let you know how it goes and likewise.

a whole cup of milk in your icing will likely make the icing very thin. My buttercream Icing recipe calls for 1 - 2 tbsp. ofmilk oheavy cream. Good luck!

Chocolate Icing Recipe
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar, sifted
1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
50g butter, melted
2 tablespoons (40ml) milk

Method

1. Place all ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Using a wooden spoon beat together until completely combined.
3. Beat for 1 minute. I did say it was as easy as 1, 2, 3!

This recipe will give you enough icing to top one 20cm (8") cake.

Do you need inspiration for ways to use this easy chocolate icing recipe? Do not just keep it for chocolate cakes, I use it all the time to top my chocolate muffins and brownie

Back
Top Bottom