cal mag in 12/12

dom42

So this is like my 8 grow...

Hydro:
flood and drain using coco and house and garden nutes.

Since my 1st grow i have been also using CAl/Mag from day1 of veg at 5ml /gallon. Then when i get into 12/12 i go w/ 7ml/gallon for week1 of 12/12 and slowly move up 1ml / gallon until i get to week 4 which cal/mag is now at 10ml /gallon. Then i stop putting CalMag.....

>.....My question is ....Do i keep on using calmag at that rate or should i decrease 1ml/gallon untill end of 12/12? Or Should i just completely cut off Calmag at that point or any point in 12/12?

Sorry ive been searching but couldn't find, so i thought i ask. I haven't had any real issue doing it my method but just kinda wanted to see what every1 is doing out there...thanks again. great site. great ppl. great grows.

Incorporated in your regular feeding program Mag/Cal increases flower bud absorption and improves the nutritional quality of plants while reducing leaf chlorosis and deficiency related disorders such as blossom end rot, stem rot and tip burn.
A huge fan of Mag/Cal is the OGD aka Retired Dude here is the proof,
Retired Dude's Variety Grow

I think you should be adding cal/mag right up till flush. I also added just cal during my flush.

Cal is not movable within the plant where as other things like nitrogen can be moved from old growth to new, Calcium must be absorbed continuously if the plant is to reach full potential.

I think magnesium competes with potassium for plant uptake, so if you are bombing your plant with P/K during flower like most, then you might want to also give mag to help balance your cation ratios(cal/mag/potassium are all cations).

bizz thanks....anyone else feel the same....so as of now i will add cal mag all the way through 12/12...lets see what hap's...

thanks guys.

i use advanced nutes and fox farm tiger bloom which has .5% magnesium.AN micro has 5.40% calcium. also, AN grow has .5% mag. ive also added hydrated lime to up ph. at different times as needed.
tiger bloom and my tap h20 brought my ph down to the 5.4 area.
what im wondering is this enough cal and mag?
soiless grow. i also use molasses every 2 weeks.
my plants look awesome. but im always trying to increase production, nute uptake, and overall fast growth all at the same time.
but still need help from 420 because its only my 3rd grow.:thanks:

5/1 cal/mag is decent ratio most nute lines seem to be in the 3/1-5/1 range. I think at some point someone was doing 4/1 and then everyone else copied them... None of them are 'right' just some are better guesses than others and different sourcing/production of base elements, like calcium-nitrate vs calcium-sulfate...

I'm using coco which messes with cal/mag a bit...

I think 5/1 is adequate, I dont know if it is ideal, I've read that some high brix organic farmers are going 8/1 and even higher and if you look at grass or lawn pro's they pump up the cal a lot...

Back
Top Bottom