Leaf problem less than a week into 12/12

Curly Beaver

PainKiller-XL 12 weeks, flipped to flower this week
FFOF/Perlite/BiomixBX
FF trio of Neuts
CalMag

From what I can tell this is probably a Calcium issue. I add 5ml CalMag in each gallon for feeding but suddenly I have a problem and it came on extremely fast. (When I flipped to 12/12 I did not add Big Bloom as I was told it was not necessary the first week.) I did give it a folar spray (5ml CalMag/gallon of pH adjusted rain water) and flushed with 5 gallons water with SledgeHammer with CalMag added. I have to go away for 3 days and I am tempted to just let it dry out until I get back and start the nutes again.

If it is a Calcium deficiency by flushing with SledgeHammer and CalMag along with the folar spray a couple more times, should this be enough until I get back?
Leaf50.jpg

PainKiller-XL 12 weeks, flipped to flower this week
FFOF/Perlite/BiomixBX
FF trio of Neuts
CalMag

From what I can tell this is probably a Calcium issue. I add 5ml CalMag in each gallon for feeding but suddenly I have a problem and it came on extremely fast. (When I flipped to 12/12 I did not add Big Bloom as I was told it was not necessary the first week.) I did give it a folar spray (5ml CalMag/gallon of pH adjusted rain water) and flushed with 5 gallons water with SledgeHammer with CalMag added. I have to go away for 3 days and I am tempted to just let it dry out until I get back and start the nutes again.

If it is a Calcium deficiency by flushing with SledgeHammer and CalMag along with the folar spray a couple more times, should this be enough until I get back?
Leaf50.jpg

What size pot and what type of soil?

It has been in a 5 Gallon Smart Pot with FoxFarmOceanForrest/Perlite/PromixBx (1/3 each) since seedling stage.
CalMag 5ml/gallon
F.F. Big Bloom3 teaspoonsful
F.F. Grow Big 2 teaspponsful
NO Tiger Bloom.....
pH adjusted to 6.0-6.5
Under a MarsHydro 192X5 with one other plant
Everything has been stable for 2 months so I'm not sure if this has to do with the switch to 12/12 or not.

It has been in a 5 Gallon Smart Pot with FoxFarmOceanForrest/Perlite/PromixBx (1/3 each) since seedling stage.
CalMag 5ml/gallon
F.F. Big Bloom3 teaspoonsful
F.F. Grow Big 2 teaspponsful
NO Tiger Bloom.....
pH adjusted to 6.0-6.5
Under a MarsHydro 192X5 with one other plant
Everything has been stable for 2 months so I'm not sure if this has to do with the switch to 12/12 or not.

2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Open Sesame is more like it on the 1st week of flower.
5 gallons is in NO way good enough for a flush! 5 gallon pot calls for 15 gallons minimum.
I suspect salt buildup is catching up with you and you need to reflush her really well with plain water. Don't ph it unless it's tap and you have to.

I would flush with 15 gallons of just water and add 1tsp per gallon calmag to the last 2 gallons with maybe 1/4 strength nutes. I would also mix up a quart of water with 1/4tsp epsom and 1 drop of non toxic dish soap as a wetting agent. Right before lights out or lights on mist the entire plant with that. Mist until every leaf is dripping and make sure to get the bottoms of the leaves because thats where most of the stomata are located. Be sure to continue shaking the mix while you mist the plant.
Shes already wet so you may as well do it now. The foliar spray will get the mag from the epsom in her quicker than any other way.

Thank you FanLeaf,
I am flushing as we speak.....

No problemo Beaver. Keep in touch with us and keep us updated on your grow! Yea man, in a 5 gallon pot on my grow right now it takes me almost 2 gals just to water her and get 15% runoff. Always flush with 3X the pot size of water. I just flushed my grow 2 hours ago lol. Shes 5 weeks into flower in a 5 gallon air pot and the flush actually took the better side of 20 gallons before I got satisfactory results. It's the price we pay for using synthetic nutes ya know? Makes 100% organic look appealing :morenutes:

Well fanleaf, I followed your advice right down to the bottom line. This morning I had this plant and a GDP that were both put in flower this week out and took some pics of them.. of course there were no problems then and I looked everything over pretty close (or so I thought :) Then tonight (bedtime) with a day before we leave for the weekend this popped up.... I guess my timing sucks! But then on the other hand, if it showed up as I was leaving I'da really been screwed. Bottom line is I should be thankful I caught it, and that you were available to help me out.

And I really appreciate it!!!
Thanks,

Beav

P.S. a quart of Water/CalMag/Epsom Salt in a spray bottle on one plant is a lot of water, we both got soaked :)

Well fanleaf, I followed your advice right down to the bottom line. This morning I had this plant and a GDP that were both put in flower this week out and took some pics of them.. of course there were no problems then and I looked everything over pretty close (or so I thought :) Then tonight (bedtime) with a day before we leave for the weekend this popped up.... I guess my timing sucks! But then on the other hand, if it showed up as I was leaving I'da really been screwed. Bottom line is I should be thankful I caught it, and that you were available to help me out.

And I really appreciate it!!!
Thanks,

Beav

P.S. a quart of Water/CalMag/Epsom Salt in a spray bottle on one plant is a lot of water, we both got soaked :)

Hey, no problem. While these things are never a guarantee I'm sure your plant will be fine. Not sure if this is the best way but whenever I flush with Sledgehammer I always use it in only the first 8-10 gallons and then finish the flush with plain water.. I've heard too many horror stories about people not getting it all out and causing issues. Not sure about that but I figured better safe than sorry.

Also, I dont know if it fell off or you plucked it but leave all of the affected fan leaves on if you dont know that. Yes, the plant looks better without them however if taken off while residual deficits are still present then the plant will just start spotting on a new leaf. The bad ones may not recover or recover fully but if the spreading stops you will be fine.

I hear ya on getting soaked! I always leave my big fan on while doing it so it helps blow the mist around.:laughtwo:
Later

I just cut that one leaf off so I could get a better look at it.

This morning the plant looks about like it did last night so at least it is not getting any worse. Hopefully by taking care of it immediately it will lessen the impact of the problem. Of everything in that room this is the one that I have the highest hopes for.....

Are you dripping nutes onto the leaves by any chance ? If you spray the leaves with nutes you should always spray fresh water on them after the nutes dry up

Back
Top Bottom