Getting ready for 12/12

Curly Beaver

I have a Painkiller XL, 30" tall from the ground up (24" from top of pot) It was started from seed 12 weeks ago and was fim'd 12 days ago. I am considering flipping it to 12/12 any day (probably tonight) so I could use some advice please.

The plant is looking great so I am not sure if I should go ahead and flush it with SledgeHammer, or just move it and start adding the Tiger Bloom to the feedings. Do I add Tiger Bloom before I start or after?

It seems like it is a pretty easy move but I don't want to miss any steps that would be helpful and/or increase yield.

Tonight when I put it in for the normal 12 hours of darkness I plan on letting it go all day tomorrow too, which will give me 36 hours of darkness to jump start the process.

What else do I need to do to get ready?

Thanks in advance.

With all due respect, I feel like you're over thinking the transition. I don't recommend flushing before adding flowering nutrients. Just start flowering nutes the first or second week of flower. No biggie.
I wouldn't even worry about the 36 hours of dark before flower. I've heard of people doing it before harvest but not before flowering. (Doesn't mean it doesn't happen).

Flip the timer to 12/12 and enjoy watching her do all the work herself.

All the best my friend!

With all due respect, I feel like you're over thinking the transition. I don't recommend flushing before adding flowering nutrients. Just start flowering nutes the first or second week of flower. No biggie.
I wouldn't even worry about the 36 hours of dark before flower. I've heard of people doing it before harvest but not before flowering. (Doesn't mean it doesn't happen).

Flip the timer to 12/12 and enjoy watching her do all the work herself.

All the best my friend!

I 2nd this statement. :passitleft:

Thank you for the replies and I am certain that I am making it harder that it needs to be. I have a big advantage in that I can just ask you folks that have been there-done that. If I were to keep reading there's no telling how much other stuff I could have come up with.

K.I.S.S. seems to apply here:thanks:

You've certainly got a solid head on your shoulders. And your attitude is going to pay off more than it will work against you. You might find that with all the thinking you do, you're gonna blaze through your herb a little faster. Haha

I commend you for taking your best shot at gardening and you can bet your ass that your smoke will be fantastic!

Cheers, Friend!

You've certainly got a solid head on your shoulders. And your attitude is going to pay off more than it will work against you. You might find that with all the thinking you do, you're gonna blaze through your herb a little faster. Haha

I commend you for taking your best shot at gardening and you can bet your ass that your smoke will be fantastic!

Cheers, Friend!

Thank you for your vote of confidence! Having this community looking over my shoulder and providing guidance is invaluable to me and I am sure it will take years off of my learning curve. (and at 65 y/o that is important :)

Back
Top Bottom