Calif. Supreme Court Rules In Marijuana Case

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The California Supreme Court has reinstated the conviction of a Santa Cruz County man charged with marijuana possession.

The court said Monday Roger William Mentch did not qualify as a "primary caregiver," which under state law would have given him partial immunity for the possession and cultivation of marijuana.

In reversing an appeals court decision, the justices said someone who mainly supplies marijuana and instructs patients how to use it while otherwise only "sporadically" taking some of them to medical appointments is not a primary care giver.

Mentch was charged with cultivation and possession of marijuana for sale after authorities say they discovered an elaborate business with hundreds of marijuana plants at his home in 2003.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Sacramento Bee
Copyright: 2008 The Sacramento Bee
Website: Calif. Supreme Court rules in marijuana case - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

Whew

I am so glad to read this story, there was another post of a news story that had jumped to the conclusion (unless I misread it) that caregiver status had been invalidated
Marijuana Caregivers Can Be Prosecuted for Dealing Drugs

Apparently, this guy was just found not to be a caregiver

^^ LOL

After this last election I'd say the profession of news reporter has dropped below hooker on the respectibility meter.

j/k hope I don't offend any my fellow stoners

Back
Top Bottom