California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2008

Excellent idea, but questionable execution. Given my long term history of employment with the California DHS and involvement in writting regulations, there are several problems with your draft.

Paragraph 5c seems in contravention of existing regulation requirements (which are based on prior law), and would likely be exculpated

Paragraph 6 can't include federal standards, laws or enforcement, as this is a state initiative.

Paragraph 9 would deny the federal gov. the right to the use of local and state law enforcment officers which would most likely violate federal regs or laws

Paragraph II-1 would "grandfather" existing convictions etc. This is prohibited.

Now that's just the first read. Think like they do to beat them.

You may want to involve more legal consults and get this written in a way that will not result in legal battles in US courts.

God what a naysayer, Are you sure you want to legalize POT?

everyone needs to download the petition PDF file and collect signatures if they want to legalize pot.

If you don't (like this guy) then ignore it and forget about it

but honestly don't wait until after all the hard work has been done and then criticize the job.

This initiative has been on Jacks website for years and has been edited , re-edited, checked by lawyers, then re-edited , over and over and over again.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR EVERYONE IN CALIFORNIA WHO WANTS TO LEGALIZE POT TO GATHER TOGETHER AND DO IT!!!!

The PETITION HAS CHANGED SO PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN
the link is the same but the file has changed slightly

remember to print both sides of the PDF and to use
8 1/2 by 14 24 pound LEGAL SIZE PAPER

PEACE

www.marijuanaman.com/petition.pdf

Excellent idea, but questionable execution. Given my long term history of employment with the California DHS and involvement in writting regulations, there are several problems with your draft.

Paragraph 5c seems in contravention of existing regulation requirements (which are based on prior law), and would likely be exculpated

Paragraph 6 can't include federal standards, laws or enforcement, as this is a state initiative.

Paragraph 9 would deny the federal gov. the right to the use of local and state law enforcment officers which would most likely violate federal regs or laws

Paragraph II-1 would "grandfather" existing convictions etc. This is prohibited.

Now that's just the first read. Think like they do to beat them.

You may want to involve more legal consults and get this written in a way that will not result in legal battles in US courts.

I really hope he does,

I didn't mean to sound so abrasive in the message,

It was supposed to sound sarcastic but humourous

but it didn't translate well in text,
:cheesygrinsmiley::bongrip:

Of course I want to help. Unfortunately, it seems it's easier to criticize the messenger than the message. Would you like to rebut my points? Critical discussion in an open forum is never a bad idea to my way of thinking.
And it may benefit you and your group in inspiring you to view the issues thru different lenses to gain a broader perspective. I also accept your appology for your rude and ill advised response.

instead of hashing it out here between the two of you, why don't you pass on these comments to jack, to pass on to his attorney, for consideration... then roland can reply with his feedback here... that would be the best way to handle this situation, in my opinion...

Unfortunately this type of criticism is coming too late to be useful.
The Initiative is FILED
We are actively collecting SIGNATURES...

anyone interested in helping to change the law
can download the petition and print it as a double sided document 8 1/2 by 14 inches and go collect signatures for this to get on the ballot.

I am not interested in debateing this and Jack says to tell everyone that this has been checked by the best attorneys in the movement.
It has Bruce Margolins support and approval.

If dude wanted to debate the initiative and suggest changes he had the last 2 years to do that

now is the time to collect signatures, If you don't want to do that then you don't want to change the law.

The way the law is now, PATIENTS are still going to jail, we don't believe anyone should go to jail for cannabis.

If you can't collect signatures for whatever reason then go to jacks website and visit the HEMPORIUM. Jack has an entire line of products called the "Jack Herer Signature Collection"
and all the money made from the sale of these products goes to pay for the "signature collection"
you can also donate from jacks website without buying anything

Welcome to Jack Herer's Home on the Web

We need 434,000 VALID VOTER SIGNATURES

We want to collect 750,000
so we can be sure we have enough valid ones..

The most electronic we can be is the downloadable
Petition form at
https://www.marijuanaman.com/petition.pdf
but it must be printed on
8 1/2 by 14 inch legal size 24 pound paper

it is a 2 sided document which means
page 1 goes on one side and page 2 goes on the other.

there is an address on the bottom of the petition to send the completed
petitions and to order petitions if you don't have a printer.

we have a video to teach you to gather signatures
available at

initiative

and a flyer that hits the important points
https://www.marijuanaman.com/petitionflyer.pdf

Thanks Potheads

Let's show the straight people that we can actually do something!!!

how many signatures do you need?

can you accept electronic (online) signatures?

what if they are not registered to vote?
is there a way to register them, on the spot and then have them sign the petition?

what if they were convicted of a felony marijuana charge in another state...
can they register to vote in cali?

thanks roland.

You can go to the post office and get voter registration cards and register people to vote then and there.

I am not sure about felons being allowed to vote.

but if they are pot felons and we pass the initiative, then they can vote in 2 years,,,,

later

www.marijuanaman.com/petition.pdf

what if they are not registered to vote?
is there a way to register them, on the spot and then have them sign the petition?

what if they were convicted of a felony marijuana charge in another state...
can they register to vote in cali?

thanks roland.

This law will hopefully open some new doors,and maybe other states will take notice of all the benefits.Thanx for getting out there and manning the guns. For those who's states are slow to accept change,we'll sit back and wait for that big,wounderful cloud of smoke called legalization to intervene.

Can't wait, gotta join an organization and help the effort. I always worry about that though, seeing as they can tap anything in the U.S. to get information without a warrant.

But, I always look at it this way. If they come get me for less then 10 plants, my lawyer and I will have a field day with the media and hopefully jump start a MM initiative here in PA.

Can anybody tell me a website were I could get the ball rolling,or maybe join a group that has already has one going?I really would like to have somthing like this, because my father had a brain tumor and nurse mary j was the only thing he enjoyed. The extreme painkillers the doc was giving him made him to groggy,and spacey to enjoy his remaining days.He said that if he made it he would look into somthing like this one day.:bong:

Born and raised in the hills of missouri.If it weren't for the hills or hollows, we wouldn't have good hiding places.But all bullshitin' aside I would love to move to cali.:adore:

Can anybody tell me how much it would cost to get a mmj initiative going in mo.I'm down for either getting the ball rolling,collecting signitures,doing footwork,whatever it takes.Because if nothing happens soon,I will be moving out west.If I move out there, can anyone tell me how expensive it is,and where is the best place to move to in reference to the mmj shops.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom