Call For Wal-Mart Boycott Yields Small Victory

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
One day after MPP called for a nationwide boycott of Wal-Mart stores in order to protest the company’s contemptible and baseless firing of Michigan medical marijuana patient Joe Casias, the world’s largest public corporation is already changing its position — albeit not to the extent we all desire.

A Wal-Mart spokesperson has told Fox News that the company is no longer challenging Casias’s eligibility for unemployment, reversing the despicable stance it took before news of the firing made national headlines.

While this change falls far short of the treatment Joe deserves after dedicating the last five years of his life to being a model employee for Wal-Mart, it’s at least a sign that Wal-Mart is feeling the heat from mounting criticism in a country that supports medical marijuana laws by more than 80%.

So let’s keep up the pressure! Allowing Casias to collect unemployment still doesn’t change Wal-Mart’s discriminatory policy of firing medical marijuana patients who are following state law and a doctor’s recommendation.

To learn how to e-mail Wal-Mart’s CEO to say you stand in solidarity with Casias and want Wal-Mart’s policy to change, click here.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Marijuana Policy Project
Author: Mike Meno
Copyright: 2008 Marijuana Policy Project Contact: Contact MPP
Website: Call For Wal-Mart Boycott Yields Small Victory — MPP Blog

Thank you for adding the link. It made things so easy that it was almost impossible not to send the e-mail. Personally, I'd like to unload a big poop on Walmart anyhow, but people gotta work.

signed and sent to walmart, and have emailed local NBC, CBS and FOX news stations asking them to report on this story, I will not support walmart at the very least until they support the voters of this state and our choice to make medical marijuana legal for the people of this state, it makes me sick to know a hard working tax paying citizen has lost his job over his legal rights.

SENT!!
i really hope it sends a message to all major corporations that us cannabis
consumers will not tolerate being stepped on any longer.
ready or not America we demmand respect!!!

Wal Mart probably spoke to their legal department and was told they would never win an unemployment hearing. Casias did nothing that would prevent him from unemployment benefits. Things that make you ineligible are things like stealing, being late, punching your boss in their face.

I guess they don't realize how much of their revenue comes from people who are perfectly fine with cannabis.

If every person who uses mj boycotted Wal-Mart, the effect would be amazing.

PS. Fantastic quote from yungBEAR tonight!^^ READY OR NOT AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

SENT !! i think sending a note to the "Boss" is better than a boycott.walmart wouldn't know how many people are boycotting,but your name on a note to the boss speaks LOUD !! thanks for the link!!! i will pass it along.. take care,todd:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom