can cold temps and water turn a plant purple?

BigSmoker1275

Can cold temps and water turn a plant purple. Also are they bad for a plant too?
IMG_20150425_075853181_HDR.jpg

Had a cold night the other night and noticed purple leaves? Day four of flowering.

Yep, they will turn purple during flower when it is cold out. Considering the fact that they are turning purple so early into flowering it is safe to say you will probably have some nice looking gnarly purple buds!! The whole plant may even turn purple!! Lol. That plant is looking really good man!! Congrats!!

No freaking way!! Should I keep it chilled(75') or.... What!?! That is my sanzi kush!! Will my white widow skunks do that to?

Usually stress will bring out the purple color, either cold temps or something else. Anything under 68F can be considered stress. It will most likely reduce the potency a bit if you raise it while being stressed but thats up to you. The purple is also a genetic trait in some strains so it could be that also

That makes good sense. I actually just trimmed her and started some more LST trying to get more light to those bud sites.

Back
Top Bottom