Can compost burn cannabis?

fatbuds420

Can compost burn cannabis? Im not sure if I'm calling it right
In my country we have, Fertilizzante, and concime.

Fertilizzante is usually something specific that has fast release, while compost is usually slow release

I have some universal compost, it's very little pink balls, and it says it's npk 15-9-15(+2) youre supposed to mix it in the soil or put it on top, and after a few waterings it completely dissolves?

What's the difference between this, and say, the cannabus fetilizer i have which only has 3-1-3 which burns plants way easier?

Here are pics, to compare

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_143615.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143615.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20191017_143611.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143611.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20191017_143550.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143550.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191017_143525.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143525.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20191017_143520.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143520.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20191017_143512.jpg
    IMG_20191017_143512.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 48
I think that both of the products you have in your photos are fertilizer.

Compost is organic material such as leaves, stems, sticks, fruits and vegetables that have been piled up and allowed to decompose. As the plant parts decompose the material starts to turn dark and look just like soil or the dirt in a farm field. It does this because of the bacteria and other microscopic life is eating the organic materials. It is so low on the NPK numbers that most of the time there are no numbers used when we find it already bagged up.

It is good for the soil because the plant parts have been turned back into the basic nutrients that plant roots need to find in the soil.

I think that both of the products you have in your photos are fertilizer.

Compost is organic material such as leaves, stems, sticks, fruits and vegetables that have been piled up and allowed to decompose. As the plant parts decompose the material starts to turn dark and look just like soil or the dirt in a farm field. It does this because of the bacteria and other microscopic life is eating the organic materials. It is so low on the NPK numbers that most of the time there are no numbers used when we find it already bagged up.

It is good for the soil because the plant parts have been turned back into the basic nutrients that plant roots need to find in the soil.
Will the pink stuff burn a seedling?

Simple answer

These numbers represent the percent by weight of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) in every container and are always listed in the same order. For example, a fertilizer such as Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant Food designated as 24-8-16 is comprised of 24% nitrogen, 8% phosphorus, and 16% potassium.

Will the pink stuff burn a seedling?
Yes. That is a fertilizer. After spending a little time translating some of the words from Italian I have the feeling that the bag of NPK Original Gold is meant for plants that are becoming established. This means, to me, that the plants have good roots and healthy stems and leaves. I have the feeling that the "pink stuff" is meant for fertilizing small trees and grape vines. You might be able to use it later but not until your plant has grown more.

People who are more familiar with the Canna line of products might be able to help you with the other product.
In my country we have, Fertilizzante, and concime.
The concime is the compost and I am sure that you can find an article in Italian that could explain it better, including the N-P-K formula, than my wife and I trying to translate from English.

Yes. That is a fertilizer. After spending a little time translating some of the words from Italian I have the feeling that the bag of NPK Original Gold is meant for plants that are becoming established. This means, to me, that the plants have good roots and healthy stems and leaves. I have the feeling that the "pink stuff" is meant for fertilizing small trees and grape vines. You might be able to use it later but not until your plant has grown more.

People who are more familiar with the Canna line of products might be able to help you with the other product.

The concime is the compost and I am sure that you can find an article in Italian that could explain it better, including the N-P-K formula, than my wife and I trying to translate from English.
Wait no, concime is not compost, there is a difference between fertilizzante and concime, and i just dont get it, because there is no word for it in eneglish, it's all called fertilizer. I'll google it when im home....you're right, that fertilizer is meant for big plants, i use it i the garden for grass and pretty much most of my plants, and it seems to do very well, so i wanted to give it a shot with weed. Since i dont like to add liquid fertilizer often...

Here are pics, to compare
I wouldn't put that anywhere near my plants, especially young ones. Do a.little reading on here and find some nutrients that are cannabis specific and have a good reputation. Then order some online and you're good to go.
I used some heavy fertilizer back in the day on some plants, they were almost 10 ft tall and burned the hell out of them!

I wouldn't put that anywhere near my plants, especially young ones. Do a.little reading on here and find some nutrients that are cannabis specific and have a good reputation. Then order some online and you're good to go.
I used some heavy fertilizer back in the day on some plants, they were almost 10 ft tall and burned the hell out of them!
I to have cannabis fertilizer, but it's liquid, i was just wondering if that stuff could do, just don't like to always have to check ph, how many ml I'm putting in etc... Kinda of a pain

Growing weed isn't as easy as drop a seed a d walk away....lol

That's part of the fun is the entire process

That said...LOS is water and forget....maybe look into that

Back
Top Bottom