Female? Preflower? A little confirmation would be good and some info on stage it's in

Pzza138

Hi guys. This strain is not known , called from fem seed pack but the strain name got lost in the hands of unorganize, or just really stoned individual.
I believe it is a hybred with I dica features. I've had a few issues.leaf miner/ nute burn/
Relatively minor and didn't stress the plant too much.

I'm outside, in a fifteen 5 gal soil pot.
Organic compost soil.
With added perlite.
Outdoors grow in South Florida
Seedling on 5/15/20

I am not seeing and balls or nanners
But if I can get a confirmation on female that would help
This is my first grow so this confirmation goes a ways for newbies.Also am I right that this is pre flower stage and any advice ,tips what have you would be encouraged
Thanks fam

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_185429945.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185429945.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20200711_185415421.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185415421.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20200711_185407737.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185407737.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20200711_185404594.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185404594.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20200711_185403231.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185403231.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20200710_201353650.jpg
    IMG_20200710_201353650.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20200706_130158339_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200706_130158339_HDR.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 179
The key to determining gender before pistils or balls appear is to take good sharp closeups of the preflowers, your pics unfortunately fail adequately to show this, on the 5th pic I can see a preflower but it is too far away and still not clear enough to say what it is, it looks like it could be female but I am concerned with the slightly hooked point to it, which could indicate it's the 'crab claw' structure of the male preflower. Without sharp closeups you'll just have to wait for balls or pistils to show I think, but good luck on it being a girl!

Pink cigar time, lol. Partially, at least - and, hopefully, 100%.

The key to determining gender before pistils or balls appear is to take good sharp closeups of the preflowers, your pics unfortunately fail adequately to show this, on the 5th pic I can see a preflower but it is too far away and still not clear enough to say what it is, it looks like it could be female but I am concerned with the slightly hooked point to it, which could indicate it's the 'crab claw' structure of the male preflower. Without sharp closeups you'll just have to wait for balls or pistils to show I think, but good luck on it being a girl!
I was thinking about the part in your reply that mentioned not being sure with the possibility of the male clawed foot.
It's from nute burn, I took off a lot of affected leaves and have flushed . But a lot of leaves were a bit like this claw,I left this one
I have seen two white pistols today though. I want to take some cuttings , but all I have it the jiffy pods,is that good enough can I clone without it?

You can root cuttings in a glass of water. Plants have a survival... whatchamacallit. Cup of one or more of: soil, perlite, vermiculite, peat/spaghum. There's really not much to it, as long as the parent plant is reasonably healthy and not lacking in nutrients (particularly nitrogen). People have been doing it for thousands of years, with plants far more challenging to root than cannabis. You should be fine.

EDIT: If you want to see something cool, do a web search for "air layering." That's where you root a cutting - before chopping it free from the parent. You can do the same thing by burying (or partially burying) a branch somewhere between the main stem and the tip. It'll probably grow roots at the point it's in contact with the soil/etc. Many an outdoor grower has learned that little trick by accident, lol. Either way, the soon-to-be plant is (obviously) fully supported by its parent while producing its first roots, because it's still part of it.

Great thanks. I know I've heard or read that they are very hardy and resilient palnts/ weeds. We don't always need a product and
don't necessarily need a bunch of gimmecks
I would think that' the more organic the better and would it not strengthen it's genetics ultimately even if some are lost?
But thanks

Not sure. Your pics are at a tough angle to tell. And the lack of branches makes it difficult to see. Its usually a bad thing if you see preflower material without pistils.

In one pick I see a male looking preflower. Looks like a little crab claw, similar to a female flower shape but lacking pistils.

The other pic that I see what looks like preflow3r material, seems to have a red pistil on it. Which is odd. It should be white or pale green still.

Possible male, possible female, possible hermaphrodite at this point, I think its a toss up.

I think male/herm but you need to grow it out to be sure. I hope im wrong.

Preflower material without pistils ARE balls.

Preflower material without pistils ARE balls.
True, but only after the stage of the gender showing. In the pics I was seeing immature preflowers, i.e. before they have either developed pistils if they are a female, or developed into balls if they are male. At that stage there are often visible signs that can suggest what the gender is going to be if you can get a good clear magnified close up of those immature preflowers. Later of course the preflowers either develop pistils or grow into balls, but sometimes it is desirable to establish the gender as early as possible without waiting for pistils or balls to show.

True, but only after the stage of the gender showing. In the pics I was seeing immature preflowers, i.e. before they have either developed pistils if they are a female, or developed into balls if they are male. At that stage there are often visible signs that can suggest what the gender is going to be if you can get a good clear magnified close up of those immature preflowers. Later of course the preflowers either develop pistils or grow into balls, but sometimes it is desirable to establish the gender as early as possible without waiting for pistils or balls to show.
If there is ANY preflower material it IS showint gender. They will have pistils on day 1 if its a female preflower. If they dont have em, its male. Any male preflower is a ball.

There arent 2 stages of showing sex. It either is or isnt making preflowers. Ive never seen preflower material grow without pistils and later add them. They always come out with pistils if its female.

Hi guys. This strain is not known , called from fem seed pack but the strain name got lost in the hands of unorganize, or just really stoned individual.
I believe it is a hybred with I dica features. I've had a few issues.leaf miner/ nute burn/
Relatively minor and didn't stress the plant too much.

I'm outside, in a fifteen 5 gal soil pot.
Organic compost soil.
With added perlite.
Outdoors grow in South Florida
Seedling on 5/15/20

I am not seeing and balls or nanners
But if I can get a confirmation on female that would help
This is my first grow so this confirmation goes a ways for newbies.Also am I right that this is pre flower stage and any advice ,tips what have you would be encouraged
Thanks fam
That's definitely a girl but that's not pre flower looks young from the last pic. But def a girl

Not sure. Your pics are at a tough angle to tell. And the lack of branches makes it difficult to see. Its usually a bad thing if you see preflower material without pistils.

In one pick I see a male looking preflower. Looks like a little crab claw, similar to a female flower shape but lacking pistils.

The other pic that I see what looks like preflow3r material, seems to have a red pistil on it. Which is odd. It should be white or pale green still.

Possible male, possible female, possible hermaphrodite at this point, I think its a toss up.

I think male/herm but you need to grow it out to be sure. I hope im wrong.
Me too . I will have more pics today ,better ones. No male sign and I'm pretty sure there are at least two visible pistils.
That's definitely a girl but that's not pre flower looks young from the last pic. But def a girl
I've got some better pic ,my camera isn't the best on a moto z edge for close up,I'm sure I may be able to get an app.
Anyway here they are hope to hear for it's female. I think it is but it's my first grow.

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_105239819_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105239819_HDR~2.jpg
    841.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20200713_105239819_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105239819_HDR.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200713_105236462_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105236462_HDR.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200713_105208407.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105208407.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20200713_105149720.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105149720.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20200713_105037148_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200713_105037148_HDR.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200711_185429945.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185429945.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 121
Me too . I will have more pics today ,better ones. No male sign and I'm pretty sure there are at least two visible pistils.

I've got some better pic ,my camera isn't the best on a moto z edge for close up,I'm sure I may be able to get an app.
Anyway here they are hope to hear for it's female. I think it is but it's my first grow.
Definitely a girl so congrats on that. If it were a boy youd know it literally has balls! As far as pre flower I dont think so. By her size n looking at pics my guess is tgats just new growth. You'll know brother there will be long white hairs when u see it you'll know it. Keep us updated!

There arent 2 stages of showing sex.

True - but it's not like when you flip on a light switch and the light "instantly" (minus the approximately 1/100th of the speed of light that the electricity travels through the wiring at) appears.

Ive never seen preflower material grow without pistils and later add them.

As you stated, it's not a "2 stage" thing. And it's relatively rapid. But pistillate ("female") flowers don't form with the pistils already extended. That would presuppose that a half-developed flower... would have an extended, half-developed pistil (or two, I suppose).

I had some interesting (well... I was interested ;) ) extreme magnification time lapse videos of flower development eight or ten years ago, but that laptop bit the dust. But you could probably find such things if you did some web searching. Nature is awesome at the "micro" level. Come to think of it, it's pretty awesome in general. But when looking at video of things that are magnified greatly, especially when the time is compressed, one could be viewing things through a video camera on an alien world. . . .

True - but it's not like when you flip on a light switch and the light "instantly" (minus the approximately 1/100th of the speed of light that the electricity travels through the wiring at) appears.

As you stated, it's not a "2 stage" thing. And it's relatively rapid. But pistillate ("female") flowers don't form with the pistils already extended. That would presuppose that a half-developed flower... would have an extended, half-developed pistil (or two, I suppose).

I had some interesting (well... I was interested ;) ) extreme magnification time lapse videos of flower development eight or ten years ago, but that laptop bit the dust. But you could probably find such things if you did some web searching. Nature is awesome at the "micro" level. Come to think of it, it's pretty awesome in general. But when looking at video of things that are magnified greatly, especially when the time is compressed, one could be viewing things through a video camera on an alien world. . . .
Im not guessing. Thats how it happens. Flowers are cool how they form, complete with all their parts all folded up and unfurl into bloom.
Go watch a hibiscus bloom and tell me they dont have pistils when they open.
Or geraniums.

Id show you evidence but you dont have anything to learn.

Youre probably confused because there is a male preflower that looks similar to a female preflower. But dont bother waiting because pistils arent coming.

Back
Top Bottom