Can I take clones off a young plant - rooted clone?

A ...................:thumb: in my opinion and have you tried B12 (home depot or Lowes carries a inexpensive B12 product in their garden dept) as a root stimulant....... that my help put your girls in root overdrive and will assure a better yield from a stronger more established root base. I feel the time would not be wasted and would give the girls some time to put on a better root system before you start your veggin stage................. hope this will help you good growin and stay safe :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I soak plugs in rootbastic when I prep them - very diluted. Other than that, anything besides plain water meant lower survival rate from personal experience. I used to use super thrive when I just was learning the ropes, and Olivia's too. Also the powder of ivy bark or whatever it is... rootbastik so far was the best.

It is so hard to judge any impact to changes of the propagation inputs when what you are dealing with - is sub-par clones, cut short and many times with low chances of success.
The only trend I noticed that seems to correlate with the survival rate - is that clones with more leaves and/or nodes do much better when it comes up to coming up with new roots earlier. I was also flushing moms prior to cloning for a while - supposedly for clones to be low in nitrogen and somewhy develop roots faster. Since I has been misting daily, there was no real need to trim a lot foliage off a clone - this proved counterproductive. Clones that were left alone recovered much faster.

I will write more if I remember something that jumped at me

Update:
Day 17. Plants are finally taking off:

Capture418.JPG

Capture326.JPG

Capture233.JPG

clone survivorship ratio is terrible - you see there are only 56 plants here (instead of 171 this rig was designed for). That corresponds to only 56/288= only 19.4% of the original clones have developed into mature ready-to bloom plants - that's only every fifth. This is unexpectedly low, and I am trying to understand why.

Try cutting the tips of the leaves. I stuck two clipping's in soil, clipped the tips, dome & mist. Both grew roots & had to pull one cause I was over my plant limit. Had them under the same schedule as my other plants (20/4) & switched to 12/12 about two weeks into it for a tiny plant with tiny flowers (I'm not expecting any real yield from this guy, just doing it for shits & giggles)

I also made sure to bury it deep & give it a cut down the middle & I shaved it on the sides.

I tried to notice any relationship between clones and chances for survival rate, but the only thing I have noticed for sure - is that the more leaf area the clone has - the faster the roots grow. Most of the aborts were the ones I heavily trimmed.
The only downside - is to make sure to spray the leaves at least once daily

What are you referring to by "cutting down in the middle"?

Back
Top Bottom