Can I use a clothes iron to turn kief into hash?

pointer80

Hello all, I have a ton of kief from my trimming process and was wondering if I could use a clothing iron to heat up and form hash? I know I would have to go easy with it for sure. Or is there a better method? Thanks all.

I have placed kief in folded parchment paper then placed a damp wash cloth over that and pressed an iron on low on it for five minutes, then flip the packet over and repeat for five minutes with good results.

Finer grade kief will stick together pretty nicely, while some is more reluctant.
I can’t answer re the clothes iron but the best method I’ve found so far for making kief glom together into hash is to heat it in the oven. Just to the beginning of vaping temps- so about 150°c/ aka 300°f.
At this heat the kief will start to brown slightly. I leave it in a few minutes once it is heated, then let it cool before trying to work it. Be careful when removing from oven as everything will be hot.
Maybe try this with a small amount and see how it works for you.
At 150°c some will be vaping off a litttle so expect a mild high when working with it. Heat it much higher for longer and your entire house will be like the inside of a vaporizer. Ask me how I know....

Another method I use is to mix some of the kief with alcohol, then strain and evaporate off the alcohol to make a gooey extraction. I then mix this back in with the kief to get it to stick together better.

Back
Top Bottom