Can some one tell me what kind this is?

Medical

:hmmmm:
Hi-All,
I'm the fustrated hydro guy. I finally went back to dirt. I have a plant growing now. I'm not sure what kind this is? I haven't given up on hydro. Just need to figure why the plants are not getting nutes? I check all ph,ppm,lights,vent,etc.,. . So how come I can grow in dirt and not hydro???

DSCF2797.JPG

DSCF2800.JPG

I germinated the plant from seed. What strains are good for hydro? This one was planted in foxfarm ( I stralized the dirt by baking at 250 for 1hr, no bugs) w/pearlite and vermiculite, water every 3day or as needed, no nutes so far. Will trans plant and keep an eye on it for nutes if needed. Hope this strain will be good and cloanable.

unfortunately, there's no way to tell the strain from pics like that, especially in the veg stage, where most look alike. Mostly Indica or Sativa is all you'll be able to accurately guess. When are you adding your nutes in hydro? As a suggestion, you may wanna be more cautious with adding them earlier or in large amounts, because as you probably know, hydro has no soil to act as a buffer for nute applications, so 1 tsp of nutes in a gallon of water added to soil wont affect the plant as much or as quickly as 1 tsp of nutes added directly to a hydro system.

You could be right on the soil acting as a buffer. I germinate w/ 1 drop of root accellirator in a glass of water for 24hrs. Then use the same water w/paper towle to pop the seeds untill a tap root just starts. Then place in puck or rockwool. They get feed w/roots accelirator w/5.8 ph water only via eye dropper untill 1 month old. I don't add any nutes untill 30days later. Was told the seeds nutes would be used up by then. Then I use a very low dose of grow big, about 1/4 tsp per gal to 2gal of ph 5.8 water. Funny thing when I water the plant I let the water run into the bucket that its sitting in, then test the water with the ph meter, came out to 9.2 wow... I'm keeping an eye on it. Will retest the water this weekend.:headbanger:

It looks like a duckfoot strain or a webbed indica possibly. I wonder about your feeding program though. In soil it's recommended to add 1/4 strength nutes after aprox 2 weeks of growth and slowly work up to full strength. In hydro you need a weak nutrient solution from the beginning but you still work up to full strength. The seeds nutrient was used up once the tap root became over 2 inches long or so. There was probably some nutrient in the soil which has allowed the plant to survive so far but that won't continue too much longer if you don't feed them.

Hmmm...that looks like too many nutes, too soon. I have a soil grow going right now, and when I was germinating my seeds, I gave nutes too soon. As soon as I put the seed with taproot into the soil I saturated with fox farm grow big nutes-1tsp per gallon concentration- and ended up with this little retard...
Pics57_029.jpg

I am pretty sure the nutes added too early fucked with the new plant. I think the same thing happened to yours, just to a bigger extent. Was that plant of yours grown in hydro, and then moved to soil? Anyway, give it some time and it should fix itself with new growth. You can check out my latest pics of my DEE DEE DEE in my journal.

i have seen that pattern from some blueberry plants in the past, no effect to the buds in any way same great taste and potency even with the diff grow pattern

you said when you grew hydro you couldnt get the newts to soak up in the plant? yeah
Did you use a water drip pump and reuse the same water for 2 or 3 days?
or did you just use a bottle and never reuse because if you were using rocks or perlite these are products that allow better draining and air so if you used a bottle and never reused the water then most will just run straight through and yes perlite and others like it will soak up quite a bit and the roots will get some off it but over that time the light will evaporate most off it.
What type off newts to that will make a big diffrence.

Back
Top Bottom