Can this stuff go bad ?

Canachris

I've had this stuff for about 4 years give or a year. It smells much stronger than last time I used it. I've given each plant about a half a quart or whatever the metric equivalent is. It smells really bad in here... It's the only bloominn nutes I have

IMG_20240323_072214269.jpg

Some of the ingredients probably include plant material extracts including from seaweed. Those can go bad over time and are probably not at full strength anymore. The mineral extracts in the liquid probably are not going bad. I can only base that on the current stuff made by General Hydroponics and not General Organics.

I have had similar issues where my liquid organic based fertilizers would start to smell weird and bordering on very nasty. Eventually I would pour whatever was left into a bucket of water and use that to fertilize/water my geraniums or zinnias or whatever flowers were available outside without anything bad happening to those plants. Watering with the same on inside plants did make the room smell for a day or two so used it for outdoor growing plants only.

Back
Top Bottom