Can You Flower With A Red Flood Light And CFL'S

SouthernSkunk

Hey everyone this is my first grow and i was wondering if i could flower my plant with a GE 85w red flood light and 2 26w and 2 13w Cfl's was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it would work if the temp is kept at a constant 84.

I think you will find that GE 85w red flood light is a halogen bulb & may not be desirable for the flowering stage of growth.

I would more than likely source a CFL with 2700k (kelvin) for flowering, even tho these bulbs are more in the orange range of the spectrum (par) ideally you need a red spectrum (640 par) for good flowering which would be near impossible to obtain with a CFl bulb.

People do grow through the complete cycle with CFls & some growers can obtain good results.

CFls around the 6400k (kelvin) blue spectrum (aprox 400 par) have proven very good for seedling and veg stage of growth which numerous growers do use and in conjunction with HPS through out their entire grow with measurable success.

Its more about providing the correct PAR - spectrum of light for plant growth in veg/flowering than lumen/watts per square foot.

A little research on the matter will prove fruitful.

Hey everyone this is my first grow and i was wondering if i could flower my plant with a GE 85w red flood light and 2 26w and 2 13w Cfl's was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it would work if the temp is kept at a constant 84.

No. The flood light is not the right type of light to grow. The CFLs may work for a little while for vegging, but that is really not nearly enough light to reap any kind of yield.

I find that you can use either a MH or a HPS all the way through from seedling to harvest and have great yields. I have found in my grows that spectrum is not as important as lumens per sq ft.

Back
Top Bottom