Can you help me hang my air filter in my tent?

dropabob

Hi,
Ive got a sun hut LG tent and recently started getting some nice smells coming from it so i bought the 6" fan and carbon filter special from HTGsupply.com, but nothing really came with any directions? I mean, i understand the filter sits on the intake portion of the fan, but does it hook directly to the fan? the filter that is? or do i need a piece of tubing between? also, how do i hang it in my tent to maximize the reduction of smell? It has the vent hole in the top and two support bars on the top but im not sure how that fan along with the attached filter would hang, and to what with what? Also, then do i take the output of the fan and run a short piece of flexible tubing to the output vent in the top of my tent? any help would be great, here is a link to the combo i got if it helps!

High Tech Garden Supply

the sunhut is this one

Sun Hut Silver LG - 2 x 4 x 7

This is the fun part. You get creative with zip ties, straps, duct tape spit and glue.

I'm not sure if the fan collar and filter collar meet up flush or are offset. Hopefully someone who has it setup like that will chime in. The fan does not have to be attached directly the filter though yeah know. You can place in different places and connect with flex ducting.

Ideally you will need to exhaust the heat off the lights and draw the stinky air through the filter. You can use the same fan to do both or get seperate fans. Its all up to you and your space.

Below id how I have mine setup in a tent...

I use adjustable straps attached to zip ties around the filter to secure to the top bars in the corner. that supports the weight. Then I strapped it to the support bar the runs up and down to keep it tucked in the corner.

The stinky warm air gets sucked in the filter and then up through the ducting and through the 2 air cooled reflectors.
IMG_2167.JPG

The fan is mounted on the far right and it uses the mounting bracket it came with that is mount the the center and rear long horizontal support bars with zip ties.It sucks the air from the tent through the filter, lights, fan, and blows out the ducting to a nearby open window.

IMG_2168.JPG

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom