Can you start flowering under CFL and finish under HPS/HID?

ovesGG

Ok, this might be a totally random, off-the-wall question, but I have two strains... Blue Dream and Laughing Buddha... Both are growing great... however I am running a hydro system and BD flower time is 56 days and LB is 90 days... so, can I veg/flower (12/12) under CFL's in my LB veg room for 4 weeks and then put the LB and BD in the hydro system at the same time so I can finish all at the same time? Has anyone started under CFL and finished the last 8 weeks under HID???
I have 2 2700K and 1 5600K CFL's pushing about 11,000 lumens and am looking at doing this with 3 plants that are currently 14" high and 19" wide for the first 4 weeks of flower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lots of people veg under CFLs due to cheaper running cost compared to MH and then tranfered to HPS for flowering, including myself.

Blue spectrum 6500k cfl are more suitable & achieve better results for vegging than 5600k which may take longer to gain disable results for vegging.

I would be more incline to veg the BD for longer as it has the shorter flowering time & then place it in the flowering tent at a more suitable time peroid with the LB to achieve the different strains to roughly complete flowering cycle at the same time :thumb:

Vegging two strains for longer with totally different flowering periods for longer does not effect total flowering time i'm afriad.

Are both going to be in the same room under 12/12? if that is the light sched. that would be flower already not veg right? If the Lb is put in flower room 30-34 days before BD and BD is under 18/6 CFL during that time until moved they should finish the same time as long as the LB is put to 12/12 a month before. I switched from CFL in veg and flower to HPS in flower tent and they exploded with growth loving the stronger light, so to answer your question I'd have to say yes. :peace:

Ok, this might be a totally random, off-the-wall question, but I have two strains... Blue Dream and Laughing Buddha... Both are growing great... however I am running a hydro system and BD flower time is 56 days and LB is 90 days... so, can I veg/flower (12/12) under CFL's in my LB veg room for 4 weeks and then put the LB and BD in the hydro system at the same time so I can finish all at the same time? Has anyone started under CFL and finished the last 8 weeks under HID???
I have 2 2700K and 1 5600K CFL's pushing about 11,000 lumens and am looking at doing this with 3 plants that are currently 14" high and 19" wide for the first 4 weeks of flower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, let me clarify... can I FLOWER for the first 4 weeks under CLF's and then finish flowering the last 8 weeks under HID lights (for a total of 12 weeks flower time)?
They are in separate veg rooms but have to go in the flower room at the same time...

I don't see why not if you wish to do it that way ?

But you may suffer with light shock/stress of the plant already in flower once put under HPS to finsh flowering and may prove deprimental to health/vigour of your plant for a short period of time (several days)

But i don't see the point of this process ? when you can put the shorter flowering strain in the flowering tent 4 weeks after the longer flowering strain has started flowering and achieve flowering of both strains at the same time !

Inless you got height issue due to strain types e.g one indica shorter plant compared to sativa taller growing plant if grown from seed ?... then thats just poor planning i'm afraid & we all learn as we grow :peace:

I don't see why not if you wish to do it that way ?

But you may suffer with light shock/stress of the plant already in flower once put under HPS to finsh flowering and may prove deprimental to health/vigour of your plant for a short period of time (several days)

But i don't see the point of this process ? when you can put the shorter flowering strain in the flowering tent 4 weeks after the longer flowering strain has started flowering and achieve flowering of both strains at the same time !

Inless you got height issue due to strain types e.g one indica shorter plant compared to sativa taller growing plant if grown from seed ?... then thats just poor planning i'm afraid & we all learn as we grow :peace:

It's not poor planning. I am trying to run Laughing Buddha and Blue Dream for a variety for my patients. I am not going to waste 4 weeks of flowering with Blue Dream for a 90-day flower time. I was told to just throw the LB away but didn't want to do that, so I was trying to see if anyone has had EXPERIENCE starting to flower under CFL's and moving to HID's.

Back
Top Bottom