Candy Cane

downunder1

420 Member
Hello Friday 4/20, I did my first crop Hydroponics, the grow went well until harvest time and at the time to flush with pure water we lost that wonderful aroma of the Triclors every bud good looking great smell's great but the stank was gone at the end, I harvested and all 4 plants which turned out to be like a bale of hay, I am sure I did one step wrong, before I go through 2 months of baby sitting again (in which I enjoyed great experience, and I don't blame the seeds) any suggestions

So your grow was a success, but youre unhappy? You know you have to dry, then cure your buds right.....to get the "hay" smell to go away and for the buds actual aroma to reappear.

After I harvest, I trim all of my sugar leaves and leave my buds on their stems drying on a rack in my grow room. It has light and circulating air, and I leave it there for 2 days. Once the two days is up, your bud will feel very crunchy, but it's not. I then put it in a jar for 24 hours at which point it will "sweat". After the 24 hours is up, I take it back out of the jar and put it on a drying rack in the dark for 12 to 24 hours. Once that time is up, it can be rejarred with a Boveda pack to start curing and smoking......in a nutshell anyway lol.

Thank You for your reply, I did not get that far as to harvesting the drying and curing stage,,,buds still on the plant but the skunk smell is gone, so you say this is normal for them to loose the aroma (still on the plant) when the skunk aroma was gone I figured it was time to harvest, I placed the buds still on the stems on a rack for a few days and still smelled like hay,,you may wonder did I try to smoke it after it dried out, no because it did not have that bud smelling aroma, Thank You Again

Welcome downunder1

Give it time. The hay smell is chlorophyll that degenerates as the bud dries. After a few weeks of curing it starts to disappear & the smell of the pheno comes out again. At 2 weeks cure (and after 2 weeks + of slow drying) my Berry Bomb is just starting to smell like berries again but it has a ways to go yet.

Ian

Welcome downunder1

Give it time. The hay smell is chlorophyll that degenerates as the bud dries. After a few weeks of curing it starts to disappear & the smell of the pheno comes out again. At 2 weeks cure (and after 2 weeks + of slow drying) my Berry Bomb is just starting to smell like berries again but it has a ways to go yet.

Ian
There you go..... Ian, I had no idea why the hay smell existed so that explanation was well overdue. Thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom