Cannabis Activists Are Ready To Say 'No Obama'

420 Warrior

"...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual." - Thomas Jefferson

A movement in drug policy circles is afoot in this election season that so far has flown under the media's radar but holds the potential to be a game-changer.

The movement? A challenge to President Obama from millions of cannabis activists and consumers that simply states, "No change, no vote, no Obama!"

As a candidate, Barack Obama pledged that his administration would not interfere in the state's medical marijuana policies. As president he said in a 2009 memorandum on scientific integrity, "The public must be able to trust the science and scientific process informing public policy decisions. Political officials should not suppress or alter scientific or technological findings and conclusions. If scientific and technological information is developed and used by the federal government, it should ordinarily be made available to the public."

The chasm between scientific integrity and U.S. drug policies is one that humbles the Grand Canyon. The president may be able to carry a tune, but he plays the fool in not moving toward the real science of cannabis.

As we know from recent raids in Southern Oregon, California, Montana and Colorado, the deeply entrenched federal drug war bureaucracy is doing its utmost to squash states' medical cannabis programs.

In a news release last October the Drug Policy Alliance called Obama's medical cannabis policies worse than the policies of the Bush and Clinton administrations. That's saying something.

But the real crux has been in Obama's condescending disregard for the dozens of marijuana legalization questions in online polls, White House "We the People" petitions and Twitter and YouTube townhall-type events.

In every case, the No. 1 question asked was on marijuana re-legalization. In every response but one, the president was at best dismissive.

In January of 2011 he did finally answer, responding to a YouTube question from MacKenzie Allen, a retired deputy sheriff, now a member of and speaker for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. In his statement, the president said that drug legalization is "an entirely legitimate topic for debate."

Well, Mr. President, here's a fact your re-election staff hasn't told you: The reason cannabis was the top vote winner over and over again is because it's important to millions of people who are one-issue voters and highly motivated to vote. And we are eager for that debate.

In the presidential election years, turnout among young voters is high - - a vote I am sure Obama would like to count on.

What he apparently doesn't realize is that polling shows that two-thirds of voters between the ages of 18 and 25 support the legalization of cannabis.

Drug policy activists, especially us medical cannabis types, are angered by our president.

In Oregon the rising tide of dissatisfaction has led to the founding of six chapters of Students for Sensible Drug Policy on our college campuses, and state cannabis activists are having discussions on the formation of a statewide coalition specifically to deal with the constant assaults on the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program.

Clearly, there is no doubt that cannabis has proper medical uses, just as there is no doubt about the science of medical marijuana. Unfortunately, since cannabis is still a Schedule I drug in the Controlled Substances Act ( meaning it has no accepted medical use in the United States ), and because of the power of the multi-billion-dollar drug war bureaucracy, the only studies allowed to be conducted in the United States are those seeking to find harm in cannabis use.

Every responsible American should be feeling the pain as cannabis patients, medical cannabis programs and the truth all try to survive under government edicts based not on science, but on plain old-fashioned lies.

We, the people, are the leaders on this issue, and we are fed up. We are ready to demonstrate our dissatisfaction in the voting booth. Candidate Obama promised change. President Obama has not changed a thing.

This will not be tolerated. We say no. No change, no vote, no Obama.

one-term-president-300x181.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Register-Guard
Author: Jim Greig
Copyright: 2012 The Register-Guard

I agree Obama should have stepped in to stop the MMJ raids. But can you imagine the negative attacks from the republicans? It would never stop.
And whom do you want us to vote for? If any republican is elected look out, it will be worst than ever.
I only hope that Obama will do the right thing if he is reelected. Does he not realize it is his own race that is being punished the most? I do think he will do some good for us in his second term. It is our only hope. Want to go down in history repeal these stupid drug laws and you will!!

obama needs to worry about what the people are calling for, not what republicans are going to say about it. Who is he supposed to be working for in the first place? republicans? Are we supposed to elect him to a second term because he's the least offensive choice and maybe, just maybe he'll pull something out of his ass and save the day this time around. That just isn't enough for me to give him my vote. Nobama = 1 Term

Stay medicated folks

:peace:

And whom do you want us to vote for? If any republican is elected look out, it will be worst than ever.
That's what everyone said about Bush 10 years ago, remember(?), and he did little to nothing to shut down dispensaries. Obama makes Bush and the republicans look like they were working for NORML and has shut down more dispensaries in a year than all republicans put together. I can only assume you have never heard of the republican, Ron Paul.

Are we supposed to elect him to a second term because he's the least offensive choice)

Well yes, like I said give me another choice. That is at least wont tell me how evil MJ is like the republicians are.

That's what everyone said about Bush 10 years ago, remember(?) I can only assume you have never heard of the republican, Ron Paul.

Bush he never got my vote and if I remember he really lost to Gore but was elected anyway. How did that work out?
And Ron Paul? he stands as much a chance as I do of getting elected. I like alot of things he says but some of it is just plain wacky and will never happen.
Funny how everyone likes to talk politics, I hate talking about it and religion too. Thats all I have to say.
To each his own I say.

Screw the whole argument... just Right Wing rhetoric.
Ron Paul is an outright nazi-loving bigot, and the Republican party the party of a police state... At least with the Democrats you have a chance... Better yet if you have questions then vote for something like the Green Party or like we have in Minnesota the Grassroots party dammit!
put your vote where the true force for good is - the people's good, not the military industrial complex's good.
Make up your mind, what do you want - freedom for those who use and regard Cannabis as a medicine and a benefit, or the same ol' same ol'... ???
If you want change the only thing to do is CAUSE a change!:morenutes:

I totally agree with you about discussing the two subjects. religion is probably at the bottom of my list to talk about. I don't think we have another choice as well, but I can't settle on Obama. We need a serious change no matter who is at the helm.

:peace:

Well yes, like I said give me another choice. That is at least wont tell me how evil MJ is like the republicians are.

Bush he never got my vote and if I remember he really lost to Gore but was elected anyway. How did that work out?
And Ron Paul? he stands as much a chance as I do of getting elected. I like alot of things he says but some of it is just plain wacky and will never happen.
Funny how everyone likes to talk politics, I hate talking about it and religion too. Thats all I have to say.
To each his own I say.

Ron Paul is an outright nazi-loving bigot, and the Republican party the party of a police state... At least with the Democrats you have a chance... Better yet if you have questions then vote for something like the Green Party or like we have in Minnesota the Grassroots party dammit!
put your vote where the true force for good is - the people's good, not the military industrial complex's good.
Make up your mind, what do you want - freedom for those who use and regard Cannabis as a medicine and a benefit, or the same ol' same ol'... ???
O wow bro, I wish I lived in your world. May be a good idea to go back and read the news of the past year and check back in when you are done...

O wow bro, I wish I lived in your world. May be a good idea to go back and read the news of the past year and check back in when you are done...

I said what I said, and I mean it(.) And I do read the news and I am about 60 years old, and have been reading the news for quite some time...

This is going to be one sad year as most people are still blinded by color and the few hand outs he gave. They are not looking at longterm... just the here and now.

Change... yup, CHUMP CHANGE!

I will be voting for RON PAUL!

Ron Paul is the only one who give a rats ass about us in the cannabis kingdom....everyone else says they are going to do something and they never do...so why should any of us vote for them....any of them... I am from a conservative republican family in the south and all this shit makes me sick, it doesn't matter if you are the dem or rep this is an issue about personal preference and I chose to use cannabis instead of big pharma drugs, Lets keep spending $$$$$$$ on the war on drugs and see what results we get...tell the gov't to stay out of my life ...screw them all and grow your own..By the way my Grandma was growing pot with me in 1970.......even toked one every once and a while......:peace::morenutes:

I said what I said, and I mean it(.) And I do read the news and I am about 60 years old, and have been reading the news for quite some time...

lofryhash,

What your reading is nonsense and pure propagandist garbage!
Anyone claiming to be reading (real) news, yet considers the 2 parties anything but criminals is sadly mistaken and misinformed.

Ron Paul is NOT an establishment politician and is the ONLY presidential candidate that will actually work to restore our natural rights and freedoms.

The others will continue to taking them from us.

budbro,

I think your anger is clouding your judgement - Ron Paul is a Nazi-loving bigot?
W(here)TF did you get that? WAY misinformed budbro! I hope your not a registered voter.

budbro,

I think your anger is clouding your judgement - Ron Paul is a Nazi-loving bigot?
W(here)TF did you get that? WAY misinformed budbro! I hope your not a registered voter.
Please re-read the thread, lofryhash said that about Dr. Paul, not I. I was telling him to go read up on Nobama and his war on medical marijuana and to check back in when he was educated on the subject. I'm a staunch Ron Paul supporter. No apology needed because I completely agree with what you are saying, you just got me mixed up. :Namaste:

W(here)TF did you get that? WAY misinformed lofryhash! I hope your not a registered voter.

That's what everyone said about Bush 10 years ago, remember(?), and he did little to nothing to shut down dispensaries.

I wonder if Byran Epis, Marc Emery and Eddy Lepp would agree with you since they were busted when Bush was president along with thousands of others. It's funny what short term memory you have.

We are left with no choice but Obama.

What are you talking about Bonehead?
Bryan Epis was arrested under the Democrat Bill Clinton and re-sentenced under the Obama Administration.
Marc Emery was arrested in 2009, and extradited and sentenced in 2010, both under Obama's watch.
And Lepp, well he got busted with 32,000 plants, good gawd what do you expect?

You can try and name 100 more people if you want, but it wouldn't be MORE than Obama has shut down. Make no mistake about it, Obama has shut down more medical marijuana dispensaries than any other president in history, by a very long shot.

Even if Obama didn't sign the bill, should we pass the vote Nationally this Nov 2012, I would still vote for Obama.

You really would vote for a Redumblican, like Romney, or Santorum, or worst yet Gingrich....OMG, you'd have to be Nuts or really, really, really stoned!!!!

No thanks, I take OBAMA anyday whether he be for weed or not! :cheer:

It would be worst off without OBAMA
I wonder if Byran Epis, Marc Emery and Eddy Lepp would agree with you since they were busted when Bush was president along with thousands of others. It's funny what short term memory you have.

We are left with no choice but Obama.

I'll still vote OBAMA over one of these Redumblican's :thanks:

What are you talking about Bonehead?
Bryan Epis was arrested under the Democrat Bill Clinton and re-sentenced under the Obama Administration.
Marc Emery was arrested in 2009, and extradited and sentenced in 2010, both under Obama's watch.
And Lepp, well he got busted with 32,000 plants, good gawd what do you expect?

You can try and name 100 more people if you want, but it wouldn't be MORE than Obama has shut down. Make no mistake about it, Obama has shut down more medical marijuana dispensaries than any other president in history, by a very long shot.

Back
Top Bottom