Cannabis Campaigners Are Set To Roll Up In Redditch

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Cannabis campaigners are set to roll out their march and roll up their joints in the face of Home Secretary and town MP Jacqui Smith in a mass protest against what they call “out of date laws”.

An eight-hour protest is set to come to Redditch town centre on October 18 in a bid to hit the Home Secretary "where it hurts most".

It follows a protest recently staged in London, which saw thousands of people congregate on the city streets, calling for the legalisation of the drug.

Back in May, the Home Secretary decided to reclassify cannabis as a class B drug, despite the advice of officials.

The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs argued that cannabis should remain at class C, to which it was downgraded under Tony Blair.

Jim Starr, otherwise known as Pinky and organiser of the Protest London team, said: "We are upset with Jacqui Smith and her heartless speech on cannabis. "I'm a medical user who is standing up to get our conditions recognised and for people to be able to legally use cannabis without fear of prosecution. "We should all have the right to use cannabis - after all alcohol is the killer in this country. "My fight goes on and I'm all for recreational use too."

He claimed there was plenty of proof that cannabis helped people in pain while not one person had proved its harmful effects since it became illegal some 80 years ago.

The group is seeking donations towards the cost of the protest.

Anyone who would like to donate can visit Protest London - Home.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Redditch Standard
Copyright: 2008 Redditch Standard
Contact: The Redditch Standard - Redditch News, Redditch Sport, Redditch Entertainment.
Website: The Redditch Standard - Cannabis campaigners to roll up in Redditch

Back
Top Bottom