Cannabis Oil Making Tutorial Using Safe Countertop Distiller & Froz Alcohol

Re: Cannabis Hemp Oil Making Tutorial Using Safe Countertop Distiller & Froz Alcohol

Good for you on your new distiller. I've honestly never heard of 'green dragon' but I don't see why you couldn't use that in place other high proof alcohols. The only difference may be the flavor in the end medicine.

And thank you, we are grateful that we can be here for you! :Namaste:

Do you mind telling me of an exact distiller that you personally recommend?
I know the oil can never get above 290 Degrees. Do you know what Temp a Distiller runs compared to a rice cooker?

Re: Cannabis Hemp Oil Making Tutorial Using Safe Countertop Distiller & Froz Alcohol

Sorry to say but I have never personally used a distiller. Hopefully someone who has will come along and give you a recommendation. :peace:

Do you mind telling me of an exact distiller that you personally recommend?

Hey guys,

Great video, I intend to follow this technique but wonder whats the smell like whilst distilling? for those who have not distilled and instead used a rice cooker how was the smell?

If I distill this in the kitchen are the next door neighbours going to notice?

Thanks.

Hi my names Carol ive just joined I found the programme about making your own hemp oil very informative, andI was about to pass a link on I had and that was Pheonix tears Rick Simpson and when the programme finished there it was Pheonix tears small world my son was diagnosed with Cancer in December 2011, Leaukemia I wanna heal him naturally.

Bless you

Hey guys,

Great video, I intend to follow this technique but wonder whats the smell like whilst distilling? for those who have not distilled and instead used a rice cooker how was the smell?

If I distill this in the kitchen are the next door neighbours going to notice?

Thanks.

Distillation is basically the same thing as boiling in a rice cooker, except with distillation you are capturing the solvent vapors as they boil away. So it will have the same type of result and smell, but distillation might be less strong of an odor because a lot of the fumes are precipitating and being converted back to liquid solvent. The collected solvent can then be reused in another extraction. The smell will vary depending on the type of weed you are using, but I would guess distillation will still require some ventilation if you want to be discreet.

Also, anyone considering isopropanol as a solvent should be aware that there will undoubtedly be trace amounts of isopropyl alcohol left in the oil after evaporation. Complete removal of the isopropanol is possible but would require vacuum heating, and then you will lose most of the terpenes and flavor. Stick with ethanol, there is no concern about toxicity, obviously. When isopropanol passes through the liver it is converted to acetone, no help there..

The trick is to slowly heat the mix to above the boiling point of the alcohol but below the boiling point or burning/degradation point of the oil.

Boiling point of ethyl alcohol: 172.4° F (79° C)

Boiling point of isopropyl alcohol: 180.5°F (82.5°C)

Someone above said to keep it below 290°, so assuming that's the limit for the oil, and water boils at 212°F (100°C), a water distiller should be fine. Or even a double boiler like the kind used to gently melt chocolate, where you've got a pot on the stove boiling water and another pot inside that pot being heated by the boiling water (at 212°F (100°C)).

If using ISO try to get 99.8%...huge difference compared to 91. Also do the quick-rinse method, getting the ISO down to 0 degrees and freeze the dry bud for 24 hrs. This gives more time in the rinse as not to pull as much chlorophyll, sugars, etc., and give a better taste & color. Also for decarboxylation process I use a induction cooktop, a induction type 2 quart pan, set my empty stainless steel measuring cup modified with a 'basket' type copper wire handle, fill with canola oil to about 1/4" from the top of the measuring cup, remove the cup, wipe the bottom off & set aside. Heat the oil to 250 d., when the oil is made pour into the measuring cup and set into the heated oil to begin the decarboxylation process. This method reduces the time considerably by heating the sides up as well as the bottom and also raises the ambient temperature around the measuring cup. I also use a modified rice cooker that has the USELESS shut off plunger, useless for oil that is. It is of utmost importance to do the wash process outside in a well ventilated area and yet protected like a covered patio...still use fans to vent the fumes away and keep in mind to have the wind coming from the back of you as to keep the fumes away. The decarboxylation process can be done inside...also make sure to try to vacuum purge for 20 min or so @ 115-120 d. to remove any trace amounts of chems.

A method I would like to try is n-Hexane Reagent Food Grade in the RSO method and when about a cup of hexane is left while cooking down add a cup of food grade ethanol to finish the cook down. Hexane burns off around the mid 150's and the ethanol burns off in the 170s (removes the hexane completely) and after the decarboxylation process you can put on a warmer around 110-115d. and then vacuum purge or have a fan blowing over the cup in a dust free area if you don't. Result is a sweet looking honey oil concentrate. Remember, every step in the process that is added on for the 'absolute' degrades the product in some form...also cost is a factor in most cases. Whatever method is used, proceed with caution and what is good for the goose might not be good for the gander meaning: Make the concentrated oil that you think works best for you...MAKE SURE the product you make for yourself is SAFE, especially if used by others, if unsure have it tested for chems and potency. Learn everything you can before starting ... I watched RSO vid a least a dozen times before proceeding and it still leaves a little learn as you go for improved quality. Peace

If you have an alcohol distiller why not make your own alcohol first? You have more control over the % and you can share with friends. The small home distillers (and kits) usually only make 80 proof or so, but you can run it again to increase it the %.
Serves double duty as well, nothing like a good homemade malt whisky to end the day.

I don't have access to everclear but for those that don't know, it is legal in all states to make your own grain alcohol and are permitted to keep for personal use upto 400gal. an application for having a still can be found at the BATF web site. Just saying. So like someone said I can use any distilled spirit as long as it is 151 proof?

good info!!!!

The most widely used strain that I have seen used for cancer patients is Indica. Indica is low THC and high CBN/CBD. The Cannabinoids are what go after the cancer cells so go for as pure of an Indica strain as you can.
I know I'm way late for this party and it maybe had been addressed already but I thought it was the high thc that killed
Cancer cells and the cbds that reduced the inflammation/tumors

Thanks and sorry if I'm wasting time

I know I'm way late for this party and it maybe had been addressed already but I thought it was the high thc that killed
Cancer cells and the cbds that reduced the inflammation/tumors

Thanks and sorry if I'm wasting time

That's correct HizzyB :cco:

Back
Top Bottom